HBO Leads Cable's Parade of 188 Nods
- Primetime Pageant Prelude:. // CableFAX Daily;7/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 130, p1
Reports on the primetime Emmy nominations received by Home Box Office in 2006. Number of nominations received by the miniseries "Elizabeth" and "Mrs. Harris"; Cable networks that received more nominations compared in 2005; Television programs that received Emmy nominations.
- Original Movies Evolve. Elias, Justine // Television Week;4/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 15, pS20
Highlights the original made-for-television movies and series that were produced by the cable network, Lifetime Movie Network. Award nominations received by the made-for-TV movie "We Were the Mulvaneys," from the Emmy Awards; Description of some of the early original movies made by Lifetime;...
- Emmys: New Rules, Familiar Result. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p9
Reports on the cable television programs nominated for the 78th annual Emmy Awards. Nominations received by the programs of Home Box Office (HBO); Response of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences on the criticism that the Big Three broadcast networks and HBO are over-represented among Emmy...
- Bacic Cable Shines at Emmys. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p3
Presents the Emmy awards given to several basic cable programs in 2003. Decline in cable's overall Emmy awards; Awards given to Comedy Central's "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart"; Nominees for made for the television movie category.
- Cable Gets Into Tech Emmys Race. // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p47
Reports on the nomination of several cable companies by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the 2004 Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards in the U.S. Nominees for enhancement of original-television content category; Nominations garnered by Cablevision; List of nominees in...
- 'Iron' bow for femmes. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;2/12/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 33, p38
Reports on the premiere of HBO Films' "Iron Jawed Angels" in New York City in February 2004. Plot of the film; Cast.
- Emmys' Basic Instinct. Guthrie, Marisa // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p30
The article provides information about the nominations for the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards in the U.S. in 2008. HBO led the circle of nominations with 85, including 23 for the television program "John Adams," the most nominations of any program. First time in Emmy history was the nominations of...
- Golden Beacon Award. // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p10A
Features the cable television network Lifetime Television, winner of the Golden Beacon Award at the 2005 Beacon Awards, an award giving body sponsored by the Cable Television Public Affairs Association (CTPAA) which recognizes the best in cable public affairs in the U.S. Service of the network...
- Consistently Inconsistent. Roush, Matt // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p42
Criticizes the nominations of cable television programs for the 2004 Emmy Awards in the U.S. Concept of the television program "Arrested Development" of Fox; Status of the television programs of FX; Nominations received by HBO.