Robbins: Make the Rules Fair
- IIA Group Urges Franchise Reform. // Telecom Policy Report;11/14/2005, Vol. 3 Issue 43, p8
The article reports that the Internet Innovation Alliance has urged the U.S. Congress to address franchise-fee reform, in November 2005. The group released a study which analyzed the potential beneficial effects of competition from telecommunications companies against cable companies in the...
- Preparing for Battle. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on threats experienced by the cable industry in preparation for the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) National Show in San Francisco, California from April 3 to 5, 2005. Estimated number of attendees of the show; Highlights of the convention.
- Beach Blanket Wisdom. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p52
Presents information on the ninth edition of Positively Cable, an annual event staged by the Denver chapter of Cable Positive in Colorado. Topics discussed in the event; Implications for cable users.
- State Franchising. // CableFAX Daily;3/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 61, p2
Reports that Kansas is expected to pass a state franchise bill that the state association is supporting. Provision added to the bill which prompted the KA Cable Association to support the bill; Stand of the bill on build-out requirements.
- Statewide Franchising Stalls in Penn. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p12
The article reports on the withdrawal of the two cable-reform bills that would have enabled statewide cable franchising in Pennsylvania. Sponsors of the bills withdrew their legislation after facing oppositions from the municipal groups and the Broadband Cable Associations of Pennsylvania. The...
- NCTA BRIEFS. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;5/3/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 20, p13
Discusses the highlights of the annual meeting of the National Cable Television Association in April 2004. Partnership of Silver Pictures and Orchid Ventures for the 24-hour television network called Scream which will feature horror, suspense and thriller-oriented entertainment; Bravo's purchase...
- Feeling the Love. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p2
The article highlights the convention held by the Progress and Freedom Foundation in the U.S. in September 2005. Cable companies that participated in the event are mentioned. The performance of the companies is discussed in the convention.
- Don't Miss:. // CableFAX Daily;4/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p4
Presents a calendar of events in the U.S. cable television industry in April 2006. Keynote speaker for the National Association of Minorities in Cable forum; Business Services Forum of the Cable Television Administration and Marketing Society; Panelists for the National Cable and...
- DATEBOOK. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p69
Presents the schedules of conferences and annual awards led by different associations in the broadcasting and cable television industry from March 30 to April 10, 2005. Multicultural Business Conference and Awards; 2005 Annual Awards Breakfast; CTAM of the Rockies Presents Skitam 2005.