- TENNIS RACQUET. // New York;1/23/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p51
The article features the Wilson Sampras Impact Stretch tennis racket from Modell's Sporting Goods available for tennis enthusiasts for only 19.99 dollars and increasing to 279.99 dollars for the Wilson N1 Force Performance frame.
- In Search of the Perfect Racket. Patterson, Bob // Tennis Life;Oct2008, p46
The article offers tips for choosing a tennis racket. According to the article, the key is to find the racket that works best with one's particular style of play and swing type. The demonstration process will be made easier by enlisting the assistance of the Master Racquet Technician (MRT). The...
- SHARP INDUSTRIES SWEATSHIRT. // BMX Plus;Sep2004, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p91
Highlights Sharp Industries' sweatshirt for BMX riders. Features of the product; Functionality; Price of the sweatshirt.
- ZIP CODE. Gromer, Cliff // Popular Mechanics;Aug2004, Vol. 181 Issue 8, p120
Put more zip in your tennis game with Wilson Sporting Goods Co.'s n1 racket. Using nCode technology, Wilson's frame construction fills the voids between the carbon fibers with nano-size silicon oxide crystals. As a result, nCode rackets are said to be twice as strong and stable, and up to 22...
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p34
A calendar of events related to sporting goods industry in the U.S. from December 2008 to September 2009 is presented which include the Baseball Tradeshow, Let's Play Hockey Expo, and Outdoor Retailer Summer Market.
- ROLLER FOREVER. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2006, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p98
This article presents several roller bags for skateboarding people. Alpine Divine roiling suitcase by L-R-G for $150. 9800 by Ogio for $180. Bradley by Etnies for $90. Viathan by DC for $180. Split Roller 120 by Dakine for $130. Des Grafik Omega Roller by Volcom for $190. 60/40 Convertible by...
- A High Price to Pay. Lunan, Charlie; Ryan, Tom // SGB;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p32
The article offers the author's comments on how the weakening U.S. economy and Chinese sourcing issues are forcing the sporting goods industry to rethink ways of doing business. It is predicted that prices are expected to rise dramatically during the next two years, mainly due to higher...
- SPORTS CENTER. // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p7
The article presents the results of a survey on the sporting and athletic goods industry in Oregon which was held in 2013. Almost 68% of the respondents said that the industry is important for the state economy. According to 15 percent of the respondents, firms involved in golf and adventure...
- GEARING UP FOR WINTER. // Newsweek;12/16/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 25, p75
Details sporting goods designed for winter. Nike's Sphere running gear; The Yaktrax Walker, which fits over shoes and boots to offer extra traction; The Twilight Tracer, a golf ball that glows in the dark; Panoptx Cyclone sunglasses.