In the Swing
- 60SECONDS. // Golf World;8/26/2005, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the financial performance of golf equipment manufacturers in the U.S. as of the second quarter of 2005. Drop in net income at Adams Golf Inc.; Sales increase at shaft maker True Temper Sports Inc.; Increase in earnings at golf-specialty retailer Golfsmith International Inc.
- Trade Talk. Murphy, Mark S. // Golf World;10/3/2003, Vol. 57 Issue 16, p4
Presents information on Jim Thompson, chief executive officer of the golf goods manufacturing company Golfsmith International Inc.
- Texas firm plans golf superstore in Troy. Bridgeforth Jr., Arthur // Crain's Detroit Business;11/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the plans of Golfsmith International Inc. to open a golf superstore in the Oakland Plaza Store in Troy, Michigan.
- Directorz Dives In For Golfsmith. // SHOOT;9/13/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 36, p12
Lists companies and professionals who have contributed in the making of two humorous advertisement spots for the golf equipment retailer, Golfsmith International Inc. Agency involved in the project; Company providing visual effects to the spots; Composer and sound designer of the...
- New golf superstore part of retail shakeup. Schouten, Cory // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p11
The article reports on the decision of Texas-based 60-store chain Golfsmith International Holdings Inc. to enter the Indianapolis, Indiana market. It will compete against the roughly 60-store chain Golf Galaxy. It plans to open in April 2007 at Castleton. Two other golf stores in the area have...
- 60 SECONDS. // Golf World;4/18/2003, Vol. 56 Issue 37, p1
Presents news briefs on the golf equipment industry in the U.S. as of April 2003. Amount awarded to Karsten Manufacturing, parent of Ping, in attorney's fees and costs by Vardon Golf Co.; Business performance of off-source retailer Golfsmith; Sales of Hartmax Corp., licensee of the Bobby Jones...
- buzz. // Golf Digest;Sep2005, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p203
Presents updates on equipment and supplies related to golf. Introduction of a new golf club by Golfsmith International Inc.; Ranking of best-selling products; Retail price of the golf club from Wishon Golf.
- THE TICKER. // Golf World;8/27/2004, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p20
This article presents the economic trends related to golf companies. Golfsmith reported second-quarter sales growth of 22.3 percent to $96.9 million in the three months ended July 3. Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. reported fiscal second-quarter sales of $416.1 million, an increase of 17.7 percent...
- THE TICKER. Golf, Adams // Golf World;12/19/2003, Vol. 57 Issue 24, p4
Reports developments related to profits in the golf equipment industry in the U.S. as of December 2003. Sales performance of Adams Golf Inc.; Increase in the sales of Perry Ellis International Inc.; Decrease in the net income of Golfsmith International Inc.