Chick's Gains $4 million Equity Infusion
- Daniels purchases G.I. Joe's. // Aftermarket Business;01/01/98, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p6
Reports that the president and chief executive officer of G.I. Joe Norm Daniels has agreed to purchase the company's common stock and assume majority ownership of the sports and auto retailer. Peregrine Capital Inc. as the financing partner of Daniels; Significance of G.I. Joe to Daniels;...
- A Lifetime of Memories. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p22
The article takes a look at the childhood of Jim Chick, owner of Chick's Sporting Goods. Chick's father founded the store and Chick would visit every Saturday and play with the fishing rods. By the time he was 12 he was an avid outdoorsman who would hunt, fish, and do archery. In 1968, at age...
- Marching Orders. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Feb2006, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p29
The article presents an interview with Norm Daniels, chairman, president and CEO of sports goods retail company G. I. Joe's. The company plots more growth in the Pacific Northwest. Long a retail mainstay in the Pacific Northwest, G.I. Joe's has found a new groove since its management buyout in...
- G.I. Joe's Changes Name To Joe's. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;May2007, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the official name change for the Wilsonville, Oregon-based sporting goods chain G.I. Joe's to Joe's. Reportedly, Joe's was acquired by Gryphon Investors, a private equity firm, in February 2007. The president and chief executive officer (CEO) Norm Daniels comments that the...
- In-store focus. // Automotive Marketing;Nov93, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p36
Profiles the automotive retail store G.I. Joe in Oregon. BankAmerica Business Credit Inc.'s banking and finance package for the company; Launching of a five-year plan to remodel and update the stores; Norm Daniels as the president and chief operations officer; Sales of sporting goods and...
- G.I. Joe's debuts private label oil. // Discount Store News;11/1/93, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p45
Reports on G.I. Joe's introduction of a private label motor oil for its 14 hard lines specialty stores called Power Plus. Price.
- G.I. Joe's adjusts merchandising staff. // Discount Store News;5/15/95, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p2
Announces the promotion of G.I. Joe executives Sherrie Browning Curtain, B.G. Eilertson and Chad Farthing from buyers to merchandise managers. Job description of a merchandise manager.
- Joe's knows marketing. // Discount Store News;3/6/95, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p6
Reports on automotives and sporting goods chain G.I. Joe's establishment of an Automotive Club for customers. Construction of a marketing data base; Benefits for club members; Features of the quarterly newsletter called `Under the Hood'; Discount coupons.
- Sports celebrities help G.I. Joe's during store opening. // Aftermarket Business;09/01/98, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p4
Provides information on the grand opening of G.I Joe store at Hillsboro, Oregon. Highlights of the event; Celebrity appearances hosted by the store; Features of the store.