Time Warner's AMC Win Hurts Rainbow, Aids Ops
- CABLE WAR EXPANDS. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 32, p10
Reports on the lawsuit filed by American Movie Classics (AMC) cable network against Time Warner Cable Inc. over high price of televised sports in the U.S. Charges that Time Warner has improperly terminated its contract to carry the cable network; Shift of AMC from scheduling classic movies to...
- AMC Sues Time Warner Over Termination Threat. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p2
Reports on the lawsuit filed by American Movie Classics Co. against Time Warner Cable for the latter's plan to terminate its carriage agreement with AMC in November 2003. Issue pointed out by official from AMC parent company Rainbow Medial Holdings; Reason given by Time Warner for its plans to...
- FAST TRACK. J. B.; A. B.; J. E. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/18/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 29, p25
Presents an update on the U.S. broadcasting and cable television industry as of July 2005. Reality program to be broadcast on American Broadcasting Co. network; Ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court on a breach of contract case filed by Time Warner Cable against AMC; Replacement of Bob Meyers as...
- MSOs adding new program services. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/95, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p28
Reviews the impact of FCC's new rules on cable operators in the United States. Provision of the rules; Deals made by Rainbow Programming Holdings and The Time Warner New York City Cable Group; List of other midsize and smaller networks that are expanding their reach in 1994.
- Street Talk. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/8/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 31, p86
Reports on the cable programming company Rainbow Media Group. Value of company shares; Details on the financial status of the business enterprise; Impact of investments and acquisitions on the cash flow of the business.
- Cablevision looks local with MetroPack. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;5/06/96, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p38
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corporation's subsidiary Rainbow Programming Holdings is developing a local programming concept called MetroPack. Information on program's design; Comments from Rainbow president Josh Sapan; Type of channels MetroPack offers; Details on Rainbow's experiments...
- Rainbow in Canadian music deal. // Adweek Western Edition;5/30/94, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p9
Reports on Rainbow Programming Holdings' import of the Canadian music television service MuchMusic. Partnership with Chum Group Television; Number of subscribers expected to get the service by 1996.
- Tailor-made. Simon, Ellis // Electronic Media;10/14/96, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p16
Reports that Rainbow Programming Holdings Incorporated is expected to launch localized versions of two of its national cable networks, NewSport and MuchMusic. Rainbow's attempt to offer cable operators a package of locally produced and locally customized services; Number of homes the customized...
- Launches hit obstacles. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the cable television network Classic Sports Network's (CSN) opposition to Rainbow Programming Holdings' plan to launch its American Sports Classics, a cable network similar to CSN. CSN's threat of filing a lawsuit against the Rainbow Programming.