A Show and Tell For Small Fry
- Building his stock in trade. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;10/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p29
Profiles Jordan Berlin, director of private client services at investment bank C.E. Unterberg Towbin based in Manhattan, New York City. Previous affiliation with CIBC Oppenheimer; Belief in the persistence of demand for reliable financial advisers; Vision of building a retail brokerage...
- Next-generation investing. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;1/10/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p9
This article reports that back in 1971, a small investment bank took public a promising but unknown company that made semiconductors. Today, Intel Corp. is recognized the world over as the leading maker of microchips. It's been years since investment bank C.E. Unterberg Towbin has made any noise...
- CEUT Acquires Mallon Associates. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p16
Reports that New York-based C.E. Unterberg, Towbin (CEUT), the investment bank focused on middle market growth companies in technology and healthcare, has acquired Mallon and Associates to provide investment banking services to the global security, crime control and antiterrorism industry.
- Changing of the Guard At Unterberg Towbin. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/6/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 47, p13
This article presents information related to C.E. Unterberg Towbin, which is one of the last private partnerships on Wall Street private partnerships on Wall Street. It brought in outsider James Satloff, as chief executive officer and promoted Andrew Arno, who had been co-president, to executive...
- Unterberg Towbin's Expansive Mood. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/17/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 20, p4
Reports on developments in the United States investment banking and financial services industry as of May 2004. C.E. Unterberg Towbin is opening an office in Menlo Park, California; Citigroup will take an after-tax charge of $4.95 billion in the second quarter 2004; Lehman Brothers named David...
- RADAR SCREEN. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/1/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p8
Presents news briefs on international commerce as of March 1, 2004. Information on a plan to increase warehouse capacity at San Francisco International Airport in California; Contract between Gill Hicks and the Port of Long Beach, California; Target of China's shipbuilding market by 2012;...
- C.E. Unterberg, Towbin Taps Healthcare M&A Pro. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the appointment of Christine Gallagher as head of healthcare banking at C.E. Unterberg.
- Tiny Northwest Biotherapeutics Taps an Advisor. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/5/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the assistance given by C.E. Unterberg Towbin to the plans of Northwest Biotherapeutics Inc. for a sale of the company in August 2002.
- Building a Small Empire In an Age of Mega Mergers. Byrne, John A. // Traders Magazine;Jan99, Vol. 12 Issue 147, p30
Profiles Brian Finnerty, a sales trader in charge of institutional sales and trading at C.E. Unterberg and a former professional baseball player for the Montreal Expos. Role of Finnerty in stock price of EECS Inc.; Philosophy; Knowledge of Finnerty in small and mid-capitalization stocks;...