Bondholders Take Activism Up a Notch
- Borrowing money: key points to consider. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/23/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p41
This article presents the key points to consider while borrowing money. Borrowing money is one of the most common sources of funding for a small business, but obtaining a loan isn't always easy. The ability to repay must be justified in the loan package. Banks want to see two sources of...
- ECONOMICS & FINANCE. // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;6/27/2005, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p8
Presents charts depicting the finances of credit unions in the U.S. Credit union balance sheet; Savings rates of the credit unions; Loan rates and investment yields.
- 2005 B&C Volume Breaks Record. // National Mortgage News;3/6/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the newly released figures from the "Quarterly Data Reports" that stressed a 28 percent increase in subprime loans in the year 2005. The report accentuated that almost one in every four mortgages originating in the U.S. is now subprime related. Moreover, the report...
- What's in a Name? Plenty. Sheils, James B. // BusinessWest;12/5/2011, p38
The article offers the author's insights on the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and the significance of business name to the loan and financial transaction of a business. He mentions that UCC requires the filing of financing statements of a business in which in the statements requires the name of...
- What you need to know about business loan modifications. Dawson Jr, Fred // Inside Tucson Business;3/29/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p18
The article offers insights on some aspects that business owners should take into consideration when modifying business loans. It notes that a business loan is classified as a Troubled Debt Restructure (TDR) if it is modified due to financial problems of the business. It claims that financial...
- Key elements of your loan proposal. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/17/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 20, Special Section p22
Provides information on how to prepare a loan proposal to improve the chances of obtaining a loan. Explanation on how a summary of the proposal should be written; Scope of business description; Financial statements that should be included in the proposal.
- Efectos en las CUENTAS consolidadas de la actualizaciÃ³n de balances. Mínguez Conde, José Luis; Ramos Sánchez, Sofía // Revista Contable;feb2014, Issue 19, p80
No abstract available.
- Month delay to plan KSF cash return. Stodell, Hannah // Money Marketing;2/26/2009, p11
The article reports that the liquidation of Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Ltd. has been stopped until April 9 in the Isle of Man in 2009. It states that the reason for the adjournment is to provide more time to work up a scheme of arrangement in improving returns for depositors. It cites that...
- Time for insurers to take charge of balance sheet. Picoult, Myron M. // Business Insurance;2/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p35
Examines the integrity of the balance sheet of a certain companies. Strategies applied in housecleaning; Enhancement of earnings visibility; Maintenance of above-average reserving records.