Asian turmoil prompts MBIA, CapMac to revise merger pact, stock buyout
- MBIA, CapMAC complete their merger. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p27
Reports that MBIA Inc. and CapMAC Holdings Inc. have merged. Value of the stock transaction; Terms of agreement; Integration of CapMAC activities into MBIA's existing finance business; Management; Reaffirmation of triple-A ratings on MBIA's claims-paying abilities.
- Presence of rivals in MBIA acquisition of CapMac puts focus on overseas. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;12/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30293, p32
Focuses on the pending acquisition of CapMAC Holdings Incorporated by MBIA Incorporated. Description of the filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission; Circumstances surrounding the acquisition. INSET: Evolution of an acquisition.
- MBIA, CapMAC discuss possible merger. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p3
Presents information on mergers in the insurance industry, highlighting the possibility of a merger between MBIA Incorporated and CapMAC Holdings Incorporated. Background information on the two companies; Financial information on the companies; Comments from Richard P. Smith, Standard and...
- Potential MBIA, CapMac merger could indirectly alter Muni... Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/31/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30264, p2
Reports on the merger between MBIA Incorporated and CapMac Holdings Incorporated. Rising market share of MBIA; Information about Capital Markets Assurance Corporation; Interest of MBIA in CapMac.
- Another lowered rating for ASIA ltd. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/31/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30362, p33
Reports on Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co.'s downgrading of Asian Securitization and Infrastructure Assurance (ASIA) Ltd.'s bond rating. Effect of the Asian economic turmoil on ASIA Ltd.'s insured portfolio; Standard & Poor's rating of ASIA Ltd.'s claims-paying ability.
- CapMAC's income shows 14% decline. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30344, p31
Reports on the financial performance of CapMAC Holdings Inc. for 1997. Net income; Fourth-quarter results; Factors contributing to CapMAC's decline in income.
- CapMAC Holdings (KAP). Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;10/05/96, Vol. 107 Issue 39, p33
Features CapMAC holdings, a leading insurer of asset backed obligations in both the domestic and international capital markets. Company history; Financial issues and revenues; Management schemes.
- Swiss Re purchases share of N.Y. financial guarantee insurance. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;08/04/97, Vol. 101 Issue 31, p33
Reports that Swiss Reinsurance Company has purchased one million shares of the common stock of CapMac Holdings. How the stock was purchased; Approximate number of CapMac shares outstanding; Estimated percentage Swiss Re holds of that total; Location of CapMac's headquarters; Other information...
- Swiss Reinsurance buys 1 million shares of CapMAC common stock. // Insurance Advocate;08/02/97, Vol. 108 Issue 30, p26
Reports that the Swiss Reinsurance Co. has purchased one million shares of the common stock of CapMAC Holdings in a private placement.