Alaska gov. Tony Knowles proposes infrastructure spending package
- Commerce. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the creation of Marketing Alaska teams by Alaskan Governor Tony Knowles to boost the state's economy. Mining; Technical services; Forest products; Seafood industry; Tourism; Cultural resources.
- Ketchikan to overhaul Tusty. // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
Reports on Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' selection of Alaska Ship & Drydock of Ketchikan to overhaul and repair the M/V Tustemena ship in the spring of 1997. Factors that won the contract for the Ketchikan shipyard; Knowles' efforts to help ease the economic crunch in Ketchikan caused by the...
- Alaska agency would be freed from sunset under Knowles' bill. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p3
Reports on a legislative proposal filed by Alaska Governor Tony Knowles that would extend the bonding authority of the Alaska Industrial Development & Export Authority (AIDEA). Knowles' support for the elimination of the sunset provision for the agency; Scope of AIDEA's duties and powers.
- Alaska Governor Blasts Legislature's Plan to Cut Spending. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31343, p5
Reports the criticism on the budget plan proposed by the lawmakers by Governor Tony Knowles during the Alaska's legislative session. Criticism on irrelevant reduction of expenditures; Demand for sources of revenue in the budget plan; Criticisms after analysis of proposed cuts of Senate Finance...
- Old Alaska fields stir new interest. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;7/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 154, p1
Discusses the policy of oil companies to maximize return from the oil fields which already exist in North Slope. Milne Point oil field; Sliding-scale royalty scheme developed by Alaska Governor Tony Knowles; Information on other North Slope oil fields.
- Legislative update. // Education Week;6/14/95, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p16
Presents an update of legislative action concerning educational budgets filed in different states for the week ending June 14, 1995. Highlights of Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' and Illinois Governor Jim Edgar's budget plans.
- Uncivil engineering. Russell, James S. // Architectural Record;Jun1993, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p98
Looks into the policies of the administration of President Bill Clinton on infrastructure development. Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA); Decline in federal infrastructure spending; Reduced airline traffic; Airline passenger taxes; Attack on transit funding; Highway...
- The high price of potholes. Friedman, D.; Black, R.F. // U.S. News & World Report;4/15/91, Vol. 110 Issue 14, p55
Considers the crumbling American infrastructure which costs both corporations and commuting employees, time, inconvenience and interstate commerce dollars. `Investment in infrastructure equals economic competitiveness abroad and growth and productivity at home'; Staggering cost; Expiration of...
- Regulation could extend to other sectors. // Utility Week;10/29/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p6
This article reports on the plan of the British government to extend the regulatory asset base concept to infrastructure assets or other sectors in 2010.