LIPA names David Warren as its CFO
- LIPA To Retire Oldest Natural Gas Plants. // Energy Daily;6/20/2011, Issue 117, p6
The article announces the closure by the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) of its oldest and least efficient 100-megawatt Far Rockaway and its 200-megawatt Glenwood natural gas plants in New York City and its plan to build new generation systems that would upgrade the region's transmission of...
- NEW YORK: LIPA Chief: Let's Go Private. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/2/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33509, p9
The article reports on the plan of Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) chairman Howard Steinberg to restore the energy provide to private operation in New Jersey.
- LIPA Upgrades Electric System to Improve Reliability in Stony Brook. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;10/12/2012, p3
The article reports on the upgrade of the electric delivery system by the Long Island Power Authority supplying customers in Stony Brook, New York.
- Talk about a power surge: LIPA made 1998 an 'anomaly'. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30579, p19
Talks about the Long Island Power Authority's debt issue in 1998. Take over of the Long Island Lighting Co.; Increase of the annual dollar amount of electric utility bonds sold in 1998; Upset of the trend of refunding debt.
- To pay or not to pay? // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/25/99, Vol. 46 Issue 26, p4A
Focuses on the court ruling that the Long Island Power Authority does not have the legal authority to collect the $1.4 billion that Suffolk County overassessed Long Island ratepayers during the years that Shoreham was being built.
- LIPA rethinks its cable plan. Walzer, Robert // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/17/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p1A
Reports on Long Island Power Authority's (LIPA) cancellation of its request for bids to build an underground cable to Shoreham, New York from Connecticut. Reasons behind the decision of LIPA; Sending of request for bids for another project criteria; Problems encountered by LIPA in its previous...
- LIPA Appoints New Chief Operating Officer. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/22/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33898, p1
The article announces that John McMahon has been appointed as chief operating officer at the Long Island Power Authority, a non-profit municipal electric provider in New York State.
- LIPA Conduit to Sell $1B. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;10/9/2015, p1
The Long Island Power Authority is slated to sell $1 billion in restructuring bonds through its Utility Debt Securitization Authority (UDSA) in mid-October aimed at lowering costs of the utility's nearly $8 billion outstanding debt.
- Long Island Power assembles team for record issue. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30338, p1
Reports on Long Island, New York Power Authority's (LIPA) creation of its underwriting team and bond counsel as part of its effort to complete the largest debt sale in the history of the municipal market. Selection of former LIPA financial adviser Bear Stearns & Co. to run the books on the...
- LIPA, farmers agree to wind turbine pilot program. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/13/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 28, p4A
Reports on the agreement between the Long Island Power Authority and the Long Island Farm Bureau regarding the establishment of wind turbines in New York. Efforts of boosting energy capacity of the island; Location of the turbines; Dependence of the size of the turbines on location.