GFOA: More disclosure is necessary
- CFTC Group makes exit from ch. 11. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/7/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 48, p18
Reports that CFTC Group Inc. has emerged from Chapter 11 reorganization. Canadians Corp.'s purchase of CFTC.
- HTA promoter settles with CFTC. Cavaletti, Carla // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p16
Reports that CFTC Group has accepted a settlement from Competitive Strategies for Agriculture and CSA Services in their dispute over the legality of hedge-to-arrive funds.
- GFOA Issues MA, Pension Guidance. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;9/26/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F337, p1
The Government Finance Officers Association has adopted best practices to help issuers hire brokers to invest their bond proceeds under the municipal advisor rule, and to improve the valuation of pension plans.
- Task force recommends budget advisory council. // American City & County;Jun94, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's formation of the National Task Force on State and Local Budgeting to develop budgetary practices for states and localities. Provision of guidance on what constitutes sound budgetary policies; Quality assessment; Feedback from task force...
- GFOA studies state and local government revenue collection. // Public Management (00333611);Oct97, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p44
Highlights the results of the survey conducted by the Government Finance Officers Association showing the improvements of state and local governments' revenue collections in the United States. Changes to the revenue collection processes; Enhancement of computer systems; Acceptance of electronic...
- Clarification. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p2
A correction to the article which incorrectly identified an individual who criticized the National Association of Bond Lawyers is an adviser to the Government Finance Officers Association debt committee is presented.
- GASB's Statement 34 is a step in the right direction. Reardon Jr., Robert M. // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p36
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's objections to the United States Government Accounting Standards Board Statement 34. Arguments against fixed-asset reporting; Importance of the establishment of accounting standards.
- GFOA says hearing panel unbalanced. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30194, p32
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)'s complaints against a US Senate Banking Committee panel's supposed bias toward preempting state securities laws. Letter sent by the GFOA to panel officials; Submission by the North American Securities Administrators Association Inc....
- Firm News. // Disclosures;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p42
The article features the Capital Region Airport Commission that was cited by the Government Finance Officers Association for excellence in financial accounting and reporting.