Massachusetts State of the State targets education, $1.2 billion tax reduction
- Massachusetts governor trumpets economic growth, pushes tax cuts. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30812, p32
Focuses on the state of the state address of Massachusetts Governor Paul Cellucci. Emphasis on tax cuts; Utilization of a credit rating hike from Moody's Investors Service as leverage to rally support for the cuts; Proposed expansion of a housing program for low- and moderate-income residents.
- Massachusetts utility deregulation set for governor's signature today. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p5
Reports that Governor A. Paul Cellucci is scheduled to sign in November 25, 1997 a bill that will deregulate the electric utilities in Massachusetts. Pressure on legislators to pass the measure in the face of the 1998 election cycle; Provisions of the bill; Power companies' agreement to sell...
- Bad idea back in bay state. // NEA Today;Feb99, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the failure of Massachusetts Governor Paul Cellucci's attempt to pass a testing bill for teachers in the state. Insights from Alice Reilly, a teacher at Robin Hood School; Facts ignored by Cellucci.
- Lawmakers Override Mass. Governor's Spending Cuts. White, Kerry A. // Education Week;12/01/99, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p18
Reports that lawmakers in Massachusetts override Governor Paul Cellucci's spending cuts for education in 2000. Significance of the budget cutback; Tenets of the 1993 Education Reform Act; Result of the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment Program.
- Massachusetts' governor voices optimism about boom, bond cap. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p31
Focuses on announcements by Massachusetts Governor Paul Celluci on a possible increase of bond capitalization in the state for 1997. Forecasts made by Celluci at the New England Public Finance Conference on October 22 in Boston; Celluci's intention to maintain positive bond demand in the state....
- There's not much Cellucci can do correctly. Epperly, Jeff // Bay Windows;2/10/2000, pN.PAG
Comments on the administration of Massachusetts Governor Paul Cellucci. Implication of a ballot initiative that would cut taxes in the state for taxpayers; Stance of Cellucci on the domestic partnership legislation; Views on U.S. President George W. Bush.
- It's Time to Reduce the Unemployment Tax Burden. Crow, Suzanne // BusinessWest;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on state legislator Mary Jane Simmons' introduction of a bill that would reduce unemployment tax rates to schedule `A' in Massachusetts. Impact of the reductions on the unemployment insurance trust fund's ability to provide unemployment benefits to those eligible; Governor Paul...
- Mass. insurers get tax relief. Hartnett-Barry, Joan // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/10/98, Vol. 102 Issue 32, p1
Cites the Massachusetts Legislature's approval of a bill that will change the way domestic insurers are taxed. Campaign to change the state's tax laws; Important aspects of the bill that Acting Governor Paul Cellucci is expected to sign; Phase out of gross investment income tax; Credit for...
- High Profile. CUMMINGS, CAROL // Italian America;Summer2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p2
The article profiles several notable Italian Americans as of 2013. Author Don de Lillo will receive the Library of Congress Prize for American Fiction in Washington, D.C. in September. Lisa Monaco, the chief counterterrorism adviser of U.S. President Barack Obama, has headed the briefings on the...