Capital Asset seeking to continue success with lien purchasing, service
- Nassau County, N.Y. tax lien deal under investigation. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p3
Reports on the inquiry on the alleged anomalies in the tax liens sold by Capital Asset Research Corp. transacted in Nassau County, New York. Value of the liens in question; Questions on the servicing process used in the transaction.
- Governments' desperation may determine future use of lien securitizations. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/27/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30508, p4
Focuses on the prospects for securitization of municipal assets in the United States. Municipal tax lien securitization; Factors that may influence securitizations of municipal assets; Impact on investment banking.
- Capital Asset Research Sells Tax Lien ABS. DURAN, DANIELLE // Private Placement Letter;01/25/99, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p8
Reports that Capital Asset Research Corp. has completed a securitization backed by tax liens in the United States. Agents for the private placement; Rating of the asset-backed transaction; Comments from Donald Greetham, Capital Asset's chief financial officer.
- Puerto Rico prices $228 million tax-lien securitization deal, the largest ever. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p3
Discloses that Puerto Rico has completed its largest ever municipal tax-lien securitization. PaineWebber Inc.'s lead underwriting of the deal backed by delinquent property taxes; Provisions under the deal; Sale of the bonds in two series and to investors in the United States; Moody's Investors...
- Capital Asset Research Pegs Donaldson Lufkin to Oversee Investor Search. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p30
Focuses on Florida-based tax-lien buyer Capital Asset Research Corp.'s hiring of Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette Securities Corp. to seek investors interested in acquiring a majority interest in the company. MBIA Inc.'s efforts to reduce its exposure to the tax-lien business; Competition with...
- NY Tax Lien Bill Proposes Mandatory Securitization. O'Leary, Christopher // Private Placement Letter;04/05/99, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p1
Reports on a proposed bill in New York State that would eliminate the bulk sale option in favor of having tax liens compiled and securitized by the New York Municipal Bond Bank Agency. Views of market observers on the proposal; Worth of an offering from Puerto Rico; Pitfalls of securitization.
- U.S.ABS primary revives with $13 billion. Catton, Grant // Asset Securitization Report;7/18/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the revival of the asset-backed securitization primary market in the U.S. Increase in automobile loans, credit card and tax lien deals; Improvement of the financial performance of the automobile industry and trade; Pricing of American Express Centurion Bank's five-year deal in line...
- Frequently Asked Secured Lending Questions. Evans, Jim // Illinois Banker;Sep2009, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on tax certificates that are usually pledged by tax purchasers as a form of legitimate collateral in financing tax purchasing activities like lending. Tax certificate is a technical term for "certificate of purchase" which was created by the terms of Section 200/21-250 of the...
- Securitisation takes off. // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p68
Focuses on the securitization market in South Africa. Introduction of securitization regulations; Definition and features of securitization; Reasons for companies to securitize assets.