Cleveland clinic swap deal saves cash, raises hackles
- Cleveland in swap with Ambac Financial. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p33
Reports that Cleveland, Ohio has entered into a floating-to-fixed-rate swap with Ambac Financial Group Inc. on $70.7 million of bonds. Structure and terms of the bond issue.
- Meridia union adds to Clinic's clout in market. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/07/96, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the increase in the Cleveland Clinic's influence in the Cleveland, Ohio health care market following its union with the Meridia Health System. Possible use of power to exert bargaining clout over insurers and other health care players; Impact of union on the cost of care in the...
- Meridia delays final vote on Clinic merger. // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/27/97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
Reports that Meridia Health System's board of trustees has postponed a final vote on merging with Ohio-based Cleveland Clinic until February 7, 1997.
- Walters: Top Blue Cross execs swayed Meridia vote. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/21/96, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p1
Reports on University Hospitals Health Systems' claim that four top executives of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Ohio provided the swing votes that turned the Meridia Health System into the hands of Cleveland Clinic. University's knowledge that Meridia's independent trustees preferred them; Blue...
- Blue Cross adds to pressure of Meridia decision. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/29/96, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p3
Reports that Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Ohio officials on the board of the Meridia Health System are urging the board to consider what implications a link with the Cleveland Clinic or University Hospitals Health Systems would have on a joint venture created by Meridia and the insurer. ...
- Late news. Shingler, Dan; Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p2
Reports on news and developments in Cleveland. Includes the plan of the American Van & Storage Co. to construct a warehouse adjacent to its headquarters on Brecksville Road; Cleveland Clinic's plan to open a primary care facility in Naples, Florida; Marcus Advertising's handling of Meridia...
- Meridia to move heart services to Hillcrest. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/26/95, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p3
Reports on Meridia Health System's transfer of its open heart surgery program from East Cleveland to Mayfield Heights, Ohio. Comments from Charles B. Miner, president and chief executive officer; Cleveland Clinic Foundation's proposal to open a heart surgery center with Lake Hospital System;...
- Meridia sets merger for Hillcrest, Huron. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/6/93, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the merger of the Hillcrest and Huron hospitals of Meridia Health System as part of its strategic plan known as Meridia 2000. Consolidation of operations and administrations of Meridia hospitals to create a more integrated system; Mergers in 1984 and 1985; Physicians' support; Aim of...
- Meridia overhauls system structure. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/7/95, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the changes in Meridia Health Systems' management structure. Areas of responsibility assigned for Meridia's clinical and administrative management; Services offered by the company which experienced restructuring; Remarks from company officials.