Prudential: bye bye Bloomer
- Prudential PLC Keeps Egg Stake. // American Banker;10/27/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 207, p13
The article reports on Prudential PLC which plans to retain its 79% stake in the online bank, Egg PLC. Prudential was unable to sell its share last year because offers were too low. Mark Tucker, Prudential's chief executive, said he was considering a share exchange to bring Egg under...
- Prudential PLC Replacing CEO; Egg Is Issue. Bills, Steve // American Banker;3/28/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 58, p20
Reports that Prudential PLC said it will replace its chief executive Jonathan Bloomer, partly for his failure to find a buyer for its majority stake in Egg PLC, the underperforming online bank.
- Prudential of U.K. Still Hunting in U.S. // American Banker;7/30/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 145, p13
Prudential PLC, the London, England, insurer that lost out to American International Group Inc. in an attempt to buy American General in 2001, will continue to seek an acquisition in the United States. Speaking at a Tuesday news conference following the release of second-quarter results,...
- Pru PLC Won't Increase Its Bid for AG. // American Banker;4/6/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 67, p20
Reveals that Prudential PLC will not raise its $20 billion bid for American General Corp. Comments by Prudential's chief executive, Jonathan Bloomer; How much shares of Prudential fell after its offer was announced.
- Bloomer to chair FSA industry liaison panel. // Money Marketing;11/6/2003, p12
No abstract available.
- Prudential PLC Hires CEO for Its Asia Unit. // American Banker;12/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 245, p8
Prudential PLC said that Mark Norbom, former president and chief executive of GE Japan will join it as chief executive of Prudential Corp. Asia on January 1, 2004. He has worked for 10 years at General Electric Co. in Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, and Japan and had worked before that at the...
- Wood wrap warning for life companies. Phillipps, James // Money Marketing;7/14/2005, p1
The article presents warnings for life insurance companies from Mark Wood, chief executive officer of Prudential UK. According to wood, life offices face a massive threat from wrap accounts and will have to adapt to maintain any relevance in the market. He warns that life insurance companies...
- Prudential Pays CEO $11.9 Million for 2012 on Reprimand. Crowley, Kevin; Evans, Edward // Insurance Broadcasting;4/5/2013, p18
The article reports that Prudential PLC Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Tidjane Thiam received 7.8 million pounds in compensation in 2012 from the British insurer. It says that Thiam was paid the said amount even with a public reprimand for not informing the insurer of the for AIA Group Ltd. $35.5...
- Pru's Tidjane Thiam to become ABI chair. Tolley, Steve // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/27/2012, p18
The article announces that Prudential Assurance Co.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Tidjane Thiam is set to be the next chairman of the Association of British Insurers.