Meetings about stadium plan revive Minnesota's hope to keep ball team
- Ballpark design sports fully rectractable roof. Roe, Andrew // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/03/97, Vol. 238 Issue 9, p42
Reports the funding need of a ballpark construction project for the Minnesota Twins team in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Changes in the original construction plans to reduce the project's budget; Proposals to install a retractable roof to save construction money; Comments from developers.
- Minnesota legislators going to the wire to salvage a stadium deal for Twins. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;08/01/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30200, p54
Focuses on the meetings planned for the financing of a ballpark for the Minnesota Twins baseball team. Estimated cost of the ballpark; Plans in raising cigarette taxes in the state to finance the ballpark.
- For April Fools' Day: Twins make last-minute changes before new park opens. Hallman, Charles // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;4/1/2010, Vol. 75 Issue 35, p12
The article offers information on the new ball park of the Minnesota Twins baseball team.
- Trio of Stadium Plans. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32354, p31
The article reports on the advancement of the plans of the Senate's State and Local Government Operations Committee for a new 487 million dollars ballpark for the Minnesota Twins baseball team in Minnesota. The bill will authorize the financing scheme without a public vote. To waive voter...
- St. Paul to Push New Ballpark for Twins, Again. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31071, p36
Reports on Saint Paul, Minnesota officials' plan to lure the Minnesota Twins away from Minneapolis with the promise of a new ballpark. Rejection of a previous stadium proposal by voters; Estimated construction cost of the new ballpark.
- Twins one step closer to St. Paul. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30697, p1
Reports on Minnesota's issuance of taxable general obligation bonds to pay for a ballpark for the Minnesota Twins. Repayment of debt with annual lease payments; Negotiations between the team and the city.
- MINNESOTA: Twins' Land Deal Set. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/17/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32735, p9
The article reports on the multi-million dollar agreement between Hennepin County and the Minnesota Twins baseball team in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The deal involves the use of an eight-acre site that will house the baseball team's new bond-financed stadium. The county plans to issue sales tax...
- Target sponsors ballpark. // Construction Bulletin;10/6/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 40, p28
The article reports on the 25 years deal between Target Corp. and baseball team Minnesota Twins on the team's new ballpark in Minnesota. The deal gives Target the right to name the ballpark Target Field. As part of the deal, Target and the Twins will contribute $8 million for the ballpark's...
- St. Paul's stadium plan to woo Minnesota twins advances. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p4
Reports on Saint Paul's proposal to lure the Minnesota Twins baseball franchise from Minneapolis with a new ballpark. Sale of the baseball team to the Minnesota Timberwolves.