Grabbing Hold of Health
- Meeting the Food Service Needs of Generation Z. Dragona, Anthony N. // School Business Affairs;Feb2015, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the initiation of school dining program by Union City School District in New Jersey with the help of district's contracted food service providers. Topics include food service program offering fresh fruits and veggies and nutrition education to students, installation of...
- Vending machine threat. Masood, M.; Masood, Y.; Newton, J. T. // British Dental Journal;7/27/2013, Vol. 215 Issue 2, p60
A letter to the editor is presented concerning the accessibility of vending machine in schools which increase snack frequency and offer some unhealthy food.
- Sodexho serves large-portion lunch items. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/97, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p26
Reports on Sodexho USA's launching of a program that allows students at North Allegheny High School in Wexford, Pennsylvania to purchase large-portion at lunch.
- General Mills expanding Box Tops fund-raising program. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p62
Reports that General Mills Bakeries & Foodservice is expanding its Box Tops for Education fund-raising program to include school foodservice operations serving kindergarten through eighth grade in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Advantage of the program to school foodservice operators; Procedure for...
- Nutritional Advisory Council's expanded role. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p18
Details how the Hawthorne Middle School's student nutrition advisory council (NAC) has helped promote nutrition education and school food service at the Southern California school. Expansion in the group's job description and activities; Benefits realized by the school in working closely with...
- Meal Time Teams at Work: Promoting Nutrition Goals in the Individual Education Plan. George, Valerie A.; Wellman, Nancy // Journal of Nutrition Education;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on the concept of meal time team for promoting nutritional goals in the individual educational plan in Florida. Use of school food service in affording nutritional foods to disabled children; Details on several nutrition-related health problems; Support of the Florida Department of...
- Editor's Note: Food through a positive lens. Schilling, Becky // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/6/2015, p1
The article offers the insights of editor-in-chief Becky Schilling regarding the misinformation about foods served in schools due to misleading media stories, the food as medicine approach by nutritionists Amanda Archibald and John Turenne and the food-as-health messaging of nutrition education.
- School foodservice learns vending business. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p16
No abstract available.
- Slush Rush. // Food Management;Jul2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the launch of healthful slush machines by Raymond Area School, which offers an alter native to the fruit portion requirements for school meals in the U.S. Efficiency in boosting lunch participation of students in cafeterias; Impact of the move on food service operation and revenue;...