Spanning the Globe
- WHAT'S ON THE MENU? // Primary Teachers;Jul2009, p7
The article focuses on the menu offered by the Minehead First School in Somerset, England. The article states that the children have four options for their lunches each day. Catering supervisor Natalie McQueen notes that ingredients for the lunches come from around the county. The vegetable...
- AT SCHOOL TEST SITES: Internet ordering streamlines lunch. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4
Reports that children in Hawaii can order their lunch using the Internet or a toll-free number through a system developed by the School-Link Network and SNAP Systems, Inc. How the system works; Its advantages; Launch of similar programs in other states.
- Feeding kids. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the challenges faced by American food service firms operating in public schools. Changes in the attitudes of kids towards food; Ethnic, cultural and demographic diversity in schools; Students' participation in the design of foods.
- `Food-On-Run' Program: Calif. HS asks students to design daily menus. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on the `Food on the Run' program which invited feedback from students about dining services at Gabrielino High School in San Gabriel, California. Provision of access to fresh salad; Taste-test of different cheese options.
- Bradford DSO gains fourth contract away from home. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4264, p18
Reports on the fourth school-meals contract awarded to the direct service organization (DSO) for Bradford's metropolitan district council outside its local authority area in England as of March 20, 2003. Operational status of DSO; Cross-border contracts for DSO; Reputation of DSO in the industry.
- USING OUTSIDE PROCESSORS: Anaheim Unified gains commodity advantage. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p36
Reports on how Anaheim Union High School District in California generated savings on its food service operations. How some of the foods are prepared; Annual amount received by Anaheim Union for commodity purchases; Details on food deliveries.
- Funding boost for Scots school meals. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/13/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4226, p8
Reports on an increase in funding given to school meal providers in Scotland.
- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- Brevard embraces healthy. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the plan of Brevard County School District to introduce a healthier menu for its students in 2004 after testing healthier foods in two schools in Florida in 2003. Revisions made to the recipes; Food options on the menu; Alternatives to fries.