Inflation rate moderates, up 1.33% from last year
- Acreage up 1%. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p102
Offers acreage information for major vegetable crops as well as wholesale prices for food commodities in the United States for 1997. Canned market; Frozen food; Meat; Market basket index.
- Acreage decisions under risk: The case of corn and soybeans. Chavas, Jean-Paul; Holt, Matthew T. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug90, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p529
Analysis an acreage supply response model developed under expected utility maximization. Use of the model to specify and estimate a system of risk-responsive acreage equations for corn and soybeans in the United States; Truncation effects of government price supports on the distribution of corn...
- Head to the beach for price outlook. Suderman, Arlan // Ohio Farmer;Apr2012, Vol. 308 Issue 4, p53
The article presents information on the possibilities of increase in the U.S. corn acreage in Midwest area and also discusses the impact of favorable weather pattern on crop yield and price outlook for all grains. INSET: Key Points.
- Acreage report: Expect the unexpected. KNORR, BRYCE // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Mar2014, Vol. 318 Issue 3, p65
The article focuses on acreage for corn and soybeans in 2014 and deals with topics including estimates of profitability for soybeans and corn, survey of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on farmers' acreage intentions and historical variance between USDA's estimates and actual acreage.
- Head to the beach for price outlook. Suderman, Arlan // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Apr2012, Vol. 316 Issue 4, p53
The article focuses on the anticipated increase in the U.S. corn acreage in 2012.
- Economist: Pace of corn consumption will reveal strength of demand. // High Plains Journal;6/10/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 23, p12B
The article offers information on planting progress and magnitude of planted acreage, and the U.S. average yield potential of corn and also discusses that sorn pproduction could be decided be knowing rate at which corn is consumed.
- A bigger bite. Mitchell, Richard // Meat & Deli Retailer;Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p34
The article addresses the impact of the rising demand for corn on the U.S. meat and poultry industry. Corn prices have increased more than 50 percent, leading to higher retail prices and production declines for poultry, pork and beef. Rising feed prices are also affecting the turkey sector,...
- High Rents, High Risk. Brock, Richard // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;11/27/2012, p2
The article focuses on cash rents for corn land in the U.S. It argues that a farmer will incur high risks if he locks in the contract based on input prices and not on selling prices. It offers a brief historical background of corn prices to assert that the level of over 7 U.S. dollars per bushel...
- ACREAGE. // Illinois Farm Report;7/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the condition of acreage in Illinois. It cites charts related to farm products including winter wheat by districts in 2010-2011, acreage summary in 2010-2011 and corn and soybeans by districts in 2010-2011. It mentions that the acreage that has been planted to...