Average retail check records slight bump
- WINNING THE PERCEPTION GAME: Miss. hospital limits
menu, scores higher with patients. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p8
Deals with key changes implemented by the foodservice team at the North Mississippi Medical Center. Percentage of overall patient satisfaction in the hospital in 2002; Role of surveys in making the appropriate changes to increase patient satisfaction in the hospital; Benefits from a...
- More hospitals consider spoken menu options. // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
Reports on hospitals' consideration for spoken menu options in the United States. Efforts of hospitals to increase customer satisfaction; Use of traditional and non-select menu selection process.
- BY 30%: Shands expands entree offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the menu cycle at Shands Hospital on Gainesville, Florida. Changes in the menu entrees; Information on weekend menus; Focus of the restaurant.
- More choice on the menu means less wasted food. // Nursing Standard;6/23/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the experiments conducted at the Wexham Park Hospital and Eastbourne Hospital in England where patients were given more menu options for their daily meals. Research finding that a la carte menus would save money, boost patient and staff satisfaction and help tackle malnutrition;...
- Hospital Menus Chic, Healthier. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on a survey by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM) which revealed that many hospital foodservice programs are offering the same trendy healthful alternatives being served at upscale restaurants, as well as a growing variety of ethnic cuisines to...
- Building a Better Workforce. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the Transition to Healthier Menus initiative at Baptist Hospital of Miami, Florida. According to operations manager Stan Hodes, they want to be the healthiest workforce in the country. Price incentives on healthier food options in the cafÃ© is one way in which Hodes has...
- Fully Committed. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p30
The article features Tim Bauman, director of food and nutrition services at 167-bed Wood County Hospital in Bowling Green, Ohio. He has been able to create an innovative and well-managed foodservice department. He writes a cafeteria menu that is totally different every week. He typically starts...
- Tundra Burgers and Eskimo Ice Cream. Freedman, Donna // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on foodservice at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. Traditional-foods menu; Sources of the medical center's food; Changes in the traditional-foods menu; Addition of Agutaq or Eskimo Ice Cream to the list; Dietitians' signing off on all patient food requests.
- Room Service Roster. // Food Management;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p42
The article provides information on the room service programs offered by the hospitals of the U.S. It informs about the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, Dallas, Texas. It mentions about "Sodexo's At Your Request room service program which offers several varieties of food for the patients. It...