Sodexho sets healthy vending
- What constitutes 'healthy' vending? // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Presents the results of a survey of the criteria for healthy snack foods available in vending machines in the U.S.
- Get healthy choices into your vending machines. // Occupational Health Management;Jan2010, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses an approach that promotes health in the workplace by putting healthy food in vending machines. It notes that its goal is the creation of food service vendor partnerships which includes vending machine vendors, cafeteria vendors and sales representatives that bring food to...
- Clean Snacking For Energy. Mangiamele, Deborah A. // OfficePro;May/Jun2010, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p40
The article focuses on the importance of clean snacking for energy. It defines eating clean as choosing real food as close to its natural state as possible. When making clean snack choices, one should avoid the office vending machine. It presents a list of snack ideas which includes fresh apple...
- The School Food Trust - Case Studies. // Vending International;Oct2007, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p11
The article focuses on the healthy eating offered by Boston Spa, a comprehensive secondary school with sports college status, to its students in West Yorkshire, England. The school has decided to introduce the vending machines to provide children alternatives to cripy snacks, chocolate and fizzy...
- Powerful industry peddles fat, sugar in schools. Simon, Michles // National Catholic Reporter;11/19/2004, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the nutritional quality of the beverages and snacks sold in school vending machines and law and legislation aimed at improving the quality. While nominal nutrition standards apply to federal school meals, anything goes for all other foods, which are sold mere steps away...
- The best (& worst!) vending machine snacks. Roufos, Anna // Glamour;Oct2004, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p120
Focuses on the awareness about the nutritional value of vending machine snacks, candy bars, cookies and fruity treats. Calorie content of light microwave popcorn; Amount of fats in chocolate chip cookies.
- HOW TO MEASURE, MANAGE & MAXIMIZE: THE PROFITABILITY MIX. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p75
Argues that brand drive the product mix in vending. Information on the right product combinations; Categories of snack machines.
- Trend watch. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Jan99, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p14
Takes a look at the different snacks offered in office vending machines.
- New breed of vending machines encourage healthier snacking. Anderson, Tom // Employee Benefit News;6/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on a vending machine program that promotions healthy snacking among workers in the U.S. Background on the implementation of the program at the University of Virginia Health System; Decrease in the consumption of unhealthy snacks at the health system; Information on several California...