BREAD, CEREAL ARE TOP GRAIN SOURCES
- Domestic and Small Scale Products. // Kent's Technology of Cereals;1994, p269
The article focuses on the use of wheat and sorghum as domestic processing products. The categories of domestic product include pancake-like flat breads, porridges, thin porridges, steam-cooked dumpling-like foods and boiled products. Chapattis, made from wheat, are commonly eaten in India,...
- TO START THE DAY: HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Rubin, Karen Wilk // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p76
Reports the habit of eating breakfast of people in the United States as of April 15, 2000. Results of a survey on the percentage of people eating breakfast in and outside their houses; Benefits from eating breakfast; Tips for selecting breads; Pointers for selecting and preparing cereals.
- MODERN MARKETS FOR ANCIENT GRAINS. // Food Processing (00156523);Apr2006, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p42
The article lists various kinds of ancient whole-grain including Amaranth, an ancient cereal from the Aztec empire which contains large amount of dietary fiber, iron and calcium and other vitamins and minerals, Buckwheat or kasha an ancient seed which originates from China, and the Farro which...
- Proteins Gain While Bagel and Juice Volume Keeps Falling. // Frozen Food Age;May2004, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p16
Presents a chart on the sales performance of various frozen products in the U.S. for the 12-week period ended February 22, 2004 and over the same period in 2003. Percentage of change in unit sales pertaining to appetizers/snack rolls; Rate of change in volume sales of bread and dough; Amount of...
- first Gourmet of the day. DiVita, Lee J. // Fancy Food & Culinary Products;Jul2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p22
Features several specialty food products appropriate for breakfast. Frontier Soups Colorado Morning Oatmeal Breakfast; Almondina BranTreats; Jordan's Gourmet Delights specialty breads; Bare Fruit Snacks dried fruit chips; Nature's Path instant hot cereals.
- Post taste. Cheney, Susan Jane // Vegetarian Times;Dec97, Issue 244, p62
Presents several mail-order delicacies. Package collection of organic breakfast goods; Stonewall Kitchen's concoctions; Tea of good tidings; Baldwin Hill Bakery's celebration bread; Gift packs of wine from Organic Wine Company.
- October 1930: Medical breakthrough. Goldenberg, Susan // Beaver;Oct/Nov2005, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p11
This article looks over an article published in the American Journal of Diseases of Children in October 1930 which reported on the discovery a ready-made cereal believed to offer the nutrients every child needs to grow and develop by a group of researchers at Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children...
- The New Breakfast Club. McGinnis, Marianne // Prevention;Aug2004, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p118
Discusses how research indicates that children who eat a healthy breakfast in the morning have better attention spans, sharper fact recall, and happier moods. Impact of rushed mornings and busy family life on the tendency for kids to eat breakfast; Importance of having fruit, whole grains, and...
- WORKING WHOLE GRAINS INTO FOODSERVICE. Shelke, Kantha // Food Processing (00156523);Apr2006, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses the need for whole-grain foods. Food processors nowadays can suffice that need. NDP Group in Port Washington, New York reports an increase in breakfast consumption so food companies are challenged to include healthy breakfast in there list. Whole-grain breads and rolls,...