D.C. announces $200 million surplus; new mayor hopes for upgrade
- Buy-Siders: Despite D.C.'s Gains, It Still Has a Lot to Prove. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p6
No abstract available.
- Issuer Rating in Hand, Iowa Agency Readies Multifamily Effort. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31964, p26
Reports that with a new AA-minus credit rating in hand, the Iowa Finance Authority is ready later in September 2004 to launch a borrowing program aimed primarily at promoting the renovation of the state's existing affordable multifamily housing stock. Key issues of interest; Analysis of...
- Louisiana to Sell $525M For Roads. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32108, p1
Reports that the state of Louisiana is selling gasoline and fuel tax revenue bonds as part of its accelerated statewide road program. Upgrade on credit rating; Insurance for the bonds; Senior manager of the bond sale.
- Delaware's New Castle County Delays Sale Pending Lawsuit. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p56
Reports on the delay of a planned multimillion dollar bond sale in New Castle County, Delaware. Amount of the bonds due for sale; Reason for delaying the transaction; Credit ratings assigned to the deal.
- Moody's Puts Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Debt on Negative Watch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p7
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has placed the A3 rating of Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority in Florida on its watch list for a possible downgrade. Impact on outstanding revenue bonds; Review of the Southwest Florida toll-road agency's credit due to uncertainties related to...
- Buffalo, N.Y., Oversight Board to Decide on Borrowing Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p3
Reports on the expected delay approval of the plan to sell long-term insured general obligation bonds by the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority (BFSA) of New York. Value of the general obligation bond; Worth of the deficit financing of the state; Expectation on the credit rating of BFSA.
- New Mexico Scores Big Savings With $1.1 BIllion Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p7
Reports on New Mexico's $1.1 billion deal that included refunding bonds, forward swap and new-money debt for a state transportation project. Debt savings and premium proceeds obtained by the state from the deal; Credit ratings issued by rating agencies.
- Troubled Richmond, Calif., Readies $17 Million Bond Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p32
Reports on the plan of the Richmond Joint Powers Finance Authority to sell tax allocation revenue bonds for the Richmond Development Agency in California. Payment for the outstanding debt the agency owes to the city; Allocation of budget for housing; Restoration of the credit rating by Standard...
- Wisconsin Medical College to Sell $135 Million of Fixed and Floating Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p6
Reports on the preparation of the Medical College of Wisconsin for the sale of mixed and floating debt. Approval of bond sale by the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority; Upgrade of the bond rating by Moody's Investors Service; Construction of major new research facility.