Rhode Island to pay ahead of schedule
- N. Hempstead, N.Y., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32115, p2
Reports on the satisfactory rating given by Moody's Investors Service to the town of North Hempstead for outstanding parity debt in New York.
- TWO EQUIVALENCE THEOREMS FOR GOVERNMENT FINANCE. Yu, Dahai // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's International Fin;1998, p1
This paper studies the path of change in government debt composition and aggregate transfers regarding allocations and prices. The effects are zero under various agent-specific transfer schemes even when markets are incomplete. When markets are complete, the effects are zero under a transfer...
- N.Y. Gov. Pataki Reducing Debt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p2
Reports on New York State's plan to eliminate its high-cost state debt and increase pay-as-you-go funding.
- Toward a more equitable society. Snyder, Eric // Inside Tucson Business;08/09/99, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on the debt problem of Pima County, Arizona. Proposal to eliminate property tax.
- Window Of Opportunity. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/10/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the finances of Lebanon in 2003. Implications of the release of net public sector debt of Lebanon; Public debt in 2002; Recommendations from the International Monetary Fund.
- NOTES AND COMMUNICATIONS. Maastricht, Beyond // De Economist (0013-063X);Dec2001, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p509
Examines the monitoring of the sustainability of public finances in the European Union countries. Indication of public debt; Identification of national budgetary policy; Importance of the distribution of income.
- GLOSSARY. // Treasury Bulletin;Sep2012, p108
A glossary of jargon related to public finance and debt is presented.
- Debts to history. // New Internationalist;May99, Issue 312, p26
Analyzes the rise of public debt in capitalist countries. Funding of the Crusades by merchants in European-city states; Repayment of loans in nation states; Borrowing of newly independent government in the Americas; Public increases resulting from the two European wars.
- Global Public Finance Booms While U.S. Market Swoons. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p7
Reports on the strong performance of the international market for non-sovereign debt in the first half of 2000. Growth of Canadian public finance volume; Comparison with the United States domestic municipal market; Speculations on the volume that will be handled for the rest of 2000.