Municipals slip a bit; strong pricing for Montgomery county, Md., deal
- Muni Index Adjustments. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p1
Reports on the plan of Merrill Lynch & Co. to expand the number of bonds tracked by its U.S. municipal securities index in the U.S. Change in the security selection criteria for the index; Assessment of the minimum size requirements for bond deals; Maintenance of securities in the index five...
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p8
Presents charts depicting competitive municipal bond offerings in the bond market in the U.S.
- Munis Weaken Slightly; Treasuries Experience Last-Minute Turnaround. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/25/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31955, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. as of August 25, 2004. Weakening of the municipal bonds; Home sales; Recovery in Treasuries.
- Munis Unchanged With Focus on Today's Deals. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for June 2007. On June 6, the municipal market was largely unchanged, with the bulk of the week's primary market issuance slated for pricing. According to one trader on New York, it is really a new-issue driven market, and...
- Municipals Soften, Following Treasuries' Lead. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p2
The article focuses on developments related to the bond market in the United States as of February 24, 2006. The municipal bond market has softened and yields increased in the secondary market. Underwriters have completed the pricing of sizeable deals including a 300 million dollar general...
- Most Indexes Fall as Participants Ignore Inflation Numbers. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p36
The article reports on the performance of municipal bond indexes in the United States for the week ending February 24, 2006. The bond indexes were lower due to tame consumer price data and market participants' dismissal of higher-than-expected wholesale inflation numbers. There is also lack of...
- Munis Slip, Dragged by Treasury Reaction to Equities. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32398, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 8, 2006. The municipal bond market weakened due to the inability of the government market to recover from a short-lived rebound in the global equities markets. Several deals in the primary came to...
- All Bond Buyer Indexes See Declines; 11-Bond Yield Falls to 4.57%. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p7
The article reports on the decline of "The Bond Buyer" periodical's weekly yield indexes for the week of July 14, 2006 in the U.S. Investors largely put money to work helping the market digest an addition of primary supply. The municipal bond market grew by about five basis points. The Bond...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, Aug. 16. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p2
Presents an update on the performance of the bond market in the United States on august 16, 2004. Empire Manufacturing Index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.