- What's in store. Gindin, Rona // Restaurant Business;3/1/93, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p119
Reports on the viability of restaurants chains' retail outlets. Elusive gains; Slow traffic at retail foodservice centers; Saturation levels of traditional locations; Share of mall-style food court arrangements with complementary concepts; Supreme Court concept; Bloomingdale's ten-seat Eat...
- Are retailers paying up? // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Sep93, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p19
Reports on retail firms' second consecutive decline in bill-paying performance during the second quarter of 1993. Dun & Bradstreet Information Services' Payment Performance Index; Calculation of index.
- Chapter 6: Key Sectors. // Colombia Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p45
The article reports the key factors behind the forecast growth in Colombia's retail sales which include the increasing population of the country, the rise in disposable income and the larger numbers of working women.
- Counter the cybernetic Wal-Mart effect. Sclove, Richard E. // Christian Science Monitor;3/28/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 87, p11
Comments on the effect of large-scale retail stores and electronic commerce on the economic distribution within a community.
- Getting cash to retailers. Posner, Bruce G. // Inc.;Jan93, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p36
Recommends contacting a financier who specializes in offering services to retailers for those having trouble getting money for a retail business. The privately-held company Gordon Brothers, Boston, offers services including inventory-value guarantees, merchant credit supports, asset conversions...
- World retailing: `Serious seventeen' remain so. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1995, Vol. 71 Issue 1, Global Retailing p4
Reports on developments in the retail industries of seventeen countries identified by the periodical `Chain Store Age Executive' as the `Serious Seventeen.' Includes the United States; Canada; United Kingdom.
- From Main Street to the shopping mall. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;6/9/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p28
Discusses issues pertaining to the economic aspects of retail trade in Puerto Rico. Competition to small retailers of shopping malls; Alternative of business in Main Street Program.
- Analysts slice retail forecast for second half. Macintosh, Jeane // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/7/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p1
Reports on retail stores' cut in earnings estimates and lowered stock ratings by Wall Street analysts. Reflections of continued consumer caution through revisions and downgrades; Slower sales; Depressed margins; Increased promotional activity; Expected June 1993 gains.
- Retail Cautious on Road to Recovery. BONWELL, MOLLY // Orange County Business Journal;2/28/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p82
The article reports that the recovery of the retail market in California will potentially be slow due to the cautious optimism manifested by retailers.
- You plan to spend more this holiday season. // Money;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p26
Informs that holiday spending in 1997 is headed for an eight-year high. Percent of people in the United States planning to spend more in 1997 than in 1996.