- Satisfied with 7,1%. De Klerk, Vic // Finweek;6/3/2010, p22
The article discusses the potential return that investors can expect from listed property loan stock (PLS) and property unit trust (PUT) in South Africa. It states that the falling or lower interest rates is good for the share prices and profits of PLS. It notes that the prices are mostly...
- Dennis Pietrzak of Van Kampen Funds. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p8
Presents Dennis Pietrzak's thoughts on tobacco-backed bonds. Dennis Pietrzak's position as fund manager of Van Kampen Funds.
- Funds Managers Go On Defense As July Turns South. TRANG HO // Investors Business Daily;8/ 6/2014, pA07
- Rising Interest Rates Hammered Most Portfolios in 2Q. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p6
Reports that all but a handful of municipal bond mutual funds produced sub-zero returns in the U.S. as interest rates rose during the second quarter of 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.
- Bonds offer ballast in stormy seas. Perry, Ann // Westchester County Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 28, p26
Reports on the increase in the annual return of bond mutual funds in the U.S. as of July 2002. Issue raised by financial advisers; Significance of interest rates to bond prices; Technique done by Steve Carter, owner of Carter Financial, in decreasing the volatility of his clients' holdings.
- Corporate bonds may be worth a look, depending... Wilkinson, Kaija // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p32
Focuses on the use of corporate bonds in management structure, expansion and modernization among companies in the United States. Issuance of bonds to pay off old bonds issued at a higher rate; Impact of low interest rates on the issuance of bonds; Popularity of corporate bond mutual funds to...
- Growth with Safety. // Money Today;Apr2013, p13
In this article the author discusses how capital-protection funds are better than bank fixed deposits in India. It states that the main aim of such funds is to protect principal by investing some amount of it in fixed-income instruments like bonds. It mentions that since all securities are held...
- Kames Strat Bond 'tempers' duration underweight to ride out sell-off. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;8/9/2013, p23
The article focuses on the reduction of a long-term underweight by the Kames Strategic Bond fund co-manager Phil Milburn in interest rate risk to reflect the "scale" of the recent sell-off in bonds. Milburn states that he remains underweight duration risk across the 641.5 million pound fund and...
- Psst...Buy Bonds. Kadlec, Daniel // Time;10/19/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 16, p124
Discusses zero-coupon bonds, or bonds which pay no current interest and are sold at a deep discount to their face value. How the low interest rates in the United States in October of 1998 are helping zero-coupon bonds; Mutual funds like American Century Benham Group Target Maturities which...