- Satisfied with 7,1%. De Klerk, Vic // Finweek;6/3/2010, p22
The article discusses the potential return that investors can expect from listed property loan stock (PLS) and property unit trust (PUT) in South Africa. It states that the falling or lower interest rates is good for the share prices and profits of PLS. It notes that the prices are mostly...
- Dennis Pietrzak of Van Kampen Funds. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p8
Presents Dennis Pietrzak's thoughts on tobacco-backed bonds. Dennis Pietrzak's position as fund manager of Van Kampen Funds.
- Funds Managers Go On Defense As July Turns South. TRANG HO // Investors Business Daily;8/ 6/2014, pA07
- Rising Interest Rates Hammered Most Portfolios in 2Q. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p6
Reports that all but a handful of municipal bond mutual funds produced sub-zero returns in the U.S. as interest rates rose during the second quarter of 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.
- Bonds offer ballast in stormy seas. Perry, Ann // Westchester County Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 28, p26
Reports on the increase in the annual return of bond mutual funds in the U.S. as of July 2002. Issue raised by financial advisers; Significance of interest rates to bond prices; Technique done by Steve Carter, owner of Carter Financial, in decreasing the volatility of his clients' holdings.
- FINANCIAL DATA. // Caribbean Business;4/14/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p60
This article presents tables showing financial data--stocks of local interest, mutual funds, U.S. treasury bonds, money rates, etc.
- Kames Strat Bond 'tempers' duration underweight to ride out sell-off. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;8/9/2013, p23
The article focuses on the reduction of a long-term underweight by the Kames Strategic Bond fund co-manager Phil Milburn in interest rate risk to reflect the "scale" of the recent sell-off in bonds. Milburn states that he remains underweight duration risk across the 641.5 million pound fund and...
- Psst...Buy Bonds. Kadlec, Daniel // Time;10/19/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 16, p124
Discusses zero-coupon bonds, or bonds which pay no current interest and are sold at a deep discount to their face value. How the low interest rates in the United States in October of 1998 are helping zero-coupon bonds; Mutual funds like American Century Benham Group Target Maturities which...
- STATISTICS. Counihan, Gillian // Finance Week;4/26/2004, p54
Presents statistics related to the finance in South Africa as of April 2004. Performance of the unit trust industry; Bond rates; Foreign exchange rate; Interest rates.