Competency Program Accommodates Mix of Nursing Needs
- Finding the balance in post graduate education. Kelly, Jo // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p37
The article focuses on the Post Graduate Certificate of Emergency Nursing offered by Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH) in Perth, Western Australia which was developed and supported by stakeholders to meet industry needs for experienced, educated and clinically competent emergency nurses. The...
- calendar. // Australian Nursing Journal;Nov2003, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p38
Presents a calendar of courses, training programs and conferences for nurses from November 2003 to August 2004.
- Development of competencies for the use of bedside ultrasound for assessment and cannulation of hemodialysis vascular access. Marticorena, Rosa M.; Mills, Linda; Sutherland, Kelly; Mcbride, Norma; Kumar, Latha; Concepcion Bachynski, Jovina; Rivers, Carol; Petershofer, Elizabeth J.; Hunter, Joyce; Luscombe, Rick; Donnelly, Sandra // CANNT Journal;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p28
No abstract available.
- Improving Care through the Advancement of Nursing (ICAN) Leadership Series 2009. // Florida Nurse;Mar2009, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p22
The article provides information on the Improving Care through the Advancement of Nursing Leadership Series 2009 hosted by the Florida Hospital Association. The five-part series covers skills and techniques for effective communication, leadership and relationship-building to enhance workforce...
- CNE questions. // Hospital Case Management;May2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p77
The article presents a quiz for continuing education credit that covers the case management articles in the issue.
- GUEST EDITORIAL. ECG interpretationâ€”are we getting it right? MacInnes, Julie // British Journal of Cardiac Nursing;Sep2014, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p422
The article discusses the existence of errors in the interpretation of electrocardiogram (ECG) results due to inadequate knowledge and skills of medical and nursing personnel. Topics discussed include the effective assessment of professionals as one of the solutions identified by Rowlands and...
- Professional Development: A Lifelong Investment and Journey with Curricular Mileposts. Bowers-Lanier, Becky // Journal of Nursing Education;May2009, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p235
The article presents the author's views on professional development, nursing education, and maintaining competency in the nursing profession. The author explores the nurse's responsibility in continuing her education after graduation, the foundations of safe practice, and the importance of...
- EB56 Developing Safe and Competent Nurses in a High-Acuity Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe33
An abstract of the article "Developing Safe and Competent Nurses in a High-Acuity Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit," by Margaret Murphy is presented.
- New framework helps identify training needs. // Practice Nursing;Aug2014, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p372
The article discusses a new approach to identify the training needs of practice nurses in Great Britain based on the Practice Nurse Competency Framework and Competency Development Plan being piloted by the Derby and Derbyshire Local Medical Committee Services in partnership with Health Education...