Long-term Follow-up of Patients After Surgical Treatment for Isolated Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
- pulmonary stenosis. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p640
An encyclopedia entry for the term "pulmonary stenosis" is presented. It refers to a heart condition in which the outflow of blood from the right ventricle is obstructed. Particular focus is given to the etiologies of pulmonary stenosis, as well as its symptoms. Doppler ultrasound scanning may...
- A Heart-Stopping Pregnancy. Levine, Mark // New York;6/13/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p68
Focuses on the treatment undergone by actress Liana Pai for mitral-valve prolapse, a condition in which the valve between the two chambers of the heart fails to close properly. Reconstruction of a healthy valve from Pai's own tissue; Details of Pai's valve surgeries; Improvement seen in the...
- Severe Pulmonary Regurgitation Late After Total Repair of Tetralogy of Fallot: Surgical Considerations. Borowski, A.; Ghodsizad, A.; Litmathc, J.; Lawrenz, W.; Schmidt, K.G.; Gams, E. // Pediatric Cardiology;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p466
Background After total repair of teralogy of Fallot (TOF-R) with transannular patching (TAP), severe pulmonary regurgitation (PR) is reported to develop in tip to 30% of patients at a follow- up of 20 years, and 10-15% or more need pulmonary valve replacement (PVR). In this study, time-related...
- Advances in Cardiac Surgery: Valve Repair. Wiegand, Debra Lynn-McHale // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p72
Presents updates on cardiac surgery for valvular heart diseases in the U.S. as of April 2003. Classification of valvular heart diseases (VHD); Information on the epidemiology of VHD; Anatomical description of mitral and aortic valves.
- Cardiac surgery in Wessex. Monro, J.L.; Ross, J.K.; Manners, J.M.; Edwards, J.C.; Lewis, B.; Hyde, I.; Ogilvie, B.C.; Keeton, B.R.; Conway, N.; Johnson, A.M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/29/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6362, p361
Focuses on the cardiac surgery in Wessex, England. Prevalence of operations for valve disease; Percentage of mortality for aortic valve replacement; Rate of percentage for mitral valve replacement.
- Successful Surgical Treatment of Cardiac Complication of Graves Disease. Jooncheol Min; Woong-Han Kim; Woo Sung Jang; Eun Seok Choi; Sungkyu Cho; Kwang Ho Choi // Korean Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery;Jun2014, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p294
Cardiac complications such as arrhythmia and heart failure are common in Graves disease. Early detection and proper treatment of hyperthyroidism are important because cardiac complications are reported to be reversible if the thyroid function is normalized by medical treatment. We report here a...
- The one-knot technique: a simple modification of the loop technique for mitral valve repair. Sakaguchi, Taichi; Nishi, Hiroyuki; Miyagawa, Shigeru; Yoshikawa, Yasushi; Fukushima, Satsuki; Yoshioka, Daisuke; Ueno, Takayoshi; Sawa, Yoshiki // Surgery Today;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p705
We herein describe a simple method for the fine length adjustment of expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (e-PTFE) using the loop technique for mitral valve repair. The loops are temporarily anchored to the mitral leaflet with a second e-PTFE suture by tying only once (one-knot technique). This...
- Non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis. Asopa, Sanjay; Patel, Anish; Khan, Omar A.; Sharma, Rajan; Ohri, Sunil K. // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Nov2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p696
Summary: Non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis (NBTE) is a disease characterised by the presence of vegetations on cardiac valves, which consist of fibrin and platelet aggregates and devoid of inflammation or bacteria. NBTE has increasingly been recognised as a condition associated with numerous...
- Active infective prosthetic endocarditis after percutaneous edge-to-edge mitral valve repair. Kluge, Jens-Gerrit; Hagendorff, Andreas; Pfeiffer, Dietrich; Jurisch, Daniel; Tarr, Adrienn // European Journal of Echocardiography;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p710
No abstract available.