HO scale Bicentennial models:
- ASK TRAINS. // Trains;May2002, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p76
Presents questions and answers on railroad trains in the U.S. as of May 2002. Functions of a center beam flat car; Purpose of hoses in front of diesels of trains; Advantages of using Boxpok driving wheel.
- ASK TRAINS. // Trains;May2010, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p60
The article presents questions and answers related to trains including the restoration of train engine, model letters of diesel locomotives and pole holes on boxcars.
- ASK TRAINS. McDonnell, Greg; Ingles, J. David; McGonigal, Robert S.; Wilson, Jeff // Trains;May2006, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p72
The article presents questions and answers related to railroad trains. One person asks about the status of the GP38 train purchased by Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines. Another inquires about the differences between long-end forward and low-nose diesel locomotives. A reader questions how to...
- Rebuilt Czech 'Pacers'. Badcock, Peter // Railways Illustrated;Oct2006, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p61
The article presents information about "Regionova" two-car Diesel Multiple Units introduced by Czech Railways. These units have been developed by Pars nova Sumperk The company created these units by rebuilding the Class 810 railcars and Class 010 trailers. They would be used on the route...
- Iris ventures to Wirksworth. // Railways Illustrated;Jan2008, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p56
The article reports that the single car diesel multiple unit (DMU) Iris is continuing its visit to the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway in Wirksworth, England. Accordingly, Iris was built for the Buckingham to Banburry line but proved to be too small for their planned duties. It was moved to the...
- End for Valentas looms as GC HST fleet passes to Angel. Dunn, Pip // Modern Railways;Apr2010, Vol. 67 Issue 739, p90
The article reports on the plan to overhaul the last six Heritage Shunters Trust (HST) power cars fitted with the original Valenta diesel engines and fitted with MTU engines.
- '37s' on steel. Turvill, Bill // Modern Railways;Jun2010, Vol. 67 Issue 741, p13
The article reports on the use of DRS Class 37/6s Nos 37667 and 37510 locomotives to haul empty steel wagons from Sheerness to Tyne Dock.
- Bi-mode defies rational analysis. // Modern Railways;May2009, Vol. 66 Issue 728, p23
The article looks at the bi-mode configuration of railroad trains considering the Hitachi Super Express Train (SET). It cites a misunderstanding of the bi-mode concept among experienced railway operators assuming that it is a full strength electric train with diesel power house for operation...
- Out-smoking an Alco. Ingles, J. David // Trains;Mar2000, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p98
Focuses on Lima-Hamilton diesel switcher train. Description of the train.