Power Through Weakness
- Power plays. Schlumpf, Heidi // U.S. Catholic;Jul2002, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p50
Ponders on the issues of power and authority in the Catholic Church. Insights about church's abuse of power; Feminist views on church power and authority; Implications of church power on sex crimes committed by the clergy.
- John Paul outlines evangelization in Africa. // Christian Century;10/11/95, Vol. 112 Issue 28, p921
Reports on the evangelization plans of the Roman Catholic Church for Africa outlined by Pope John Paul II. John Paul's comments on political change; Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation document; Call for reconciliation of warring parties; Favor for incorporation of African rituals into the...
- Catholic evangelizing in one colonial mission:... Barnes, Andrew E. // Catholic Historical Review;Apr98, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p240
Describes the development of the Catholic evangelistic mission in the Northern Province of the British colony of Nigeria during the colonial era. Illustration of the complexity of the social and historical forces involved in shaping the institutional character of the mission; Details on the...
- The eager evangelists. // America;1/21/1950, Vol. 82 Issue 16, p459
The article details the experience of a group of seven evangelists from Texas who traveled to Italy to teach about the Catholic Church. The evangelists were prompted to visit Italy after hearing about how the country was too superstitious and how it sunk in Papistical godlessness. However, some...
- Heart of the matter. // Our Sunday Visitor;10/9/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 24, p19
This article comments on the promotion of new evangelization by the Catholic Church in 2011.
- Being Brothers. Arsenault, Edward J. // Priest;Jun2011, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the challenges confronted by priests of the Catholic Church due to the clergy sexual abuse crisis in the U.S. It cites the results of the study conducted by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice on the growth of incidence of sexual abuse by priests in the late 1960s and...
- Dissertation Notices. // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Apr2005, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p110
Presents several dissertations regarding missionary research. "Team Building Practices Employed by Senior Pastors to Build Healthy Ministry Teams," by Paul H. Ballard; "The Early Revival Movement in Korea (1903-1907): A Historical and Systematic Study," by Chang Ki Lee; "Catholic Evangelization...
- Vatican document envisions culture as a partner, not a peril. McBrien, Richard P. // National Catholic Reporter;09/10/99, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p27
Commends the document released by the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Culture that deals with the opportunities and challenges for a pastoral approach to culture. Analysis on the content of the document; Discussion on the role of culture in evangelism.
- Prospects for 'evangelization' Greeley, Andrew M. // America;1/17/1998, Vol. 178 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the major `evangelization' project of the Catholic Church in preparation for the 21st century. What the promoters of the `evangelization' project should know about the American people as their target; Importance of improving the quality of preaching and liturgy; Factors that could...