NEWS NETWORKS ARE KEEPING BUSY, TOO
- CNBC. // Adweek;4/20/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 16, pS10
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network CNBC. The network was founded in 1989 and presents commercial journalism with a special emphasis on finance and stock prices. It has an estimated worldwide audience of 300 million viewers. Its ratings...
- Soft sell. Foege, Alec // Adweek Midwest Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 19, pSR10
Focuses on the cable news network MSNBC headed by Erik Sorenson. Television ratings garnered for the year 2001; News anchors and journalists of the network; Comparison on the ratings of other news network; Information on other programs of the network, including 'Time & Again,' and 'The News.'
- Bad ratings news for CNN. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;06/28/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the decline in CNN's ratings in the second quarter of 2000. Factors contributing to the decline; Decline in CNN's total day delivery; Increased competition facing CNN.
- CNN ratings still slide as Games boost MSNBC. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;10/03/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 22, p2
Reports on the downturn in the Cable News Network's (CNN) total-day and primetime delivery ratings for the third-quarter of year 2000, compared to the same period in 1999. Performance of the cable network during total day and primetime in comparison with its competitors; Ratings posted by rival...
- NETWORK NEWS WAR:Fox News down from '05 but still tops. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/2/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 21, p5
The article focuses on the network news ratings for CNN International company and Fox News Channel. With CNN's coverage of the war in the south of Lebanon, its total viewers increased by 29% and 46% in the 25-54 demographic, which is the biggest increase for any cable news network. On the other...
- Florida News Networks Turn 10. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/1/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 39, p10
The article examines the Florida cable news networks Bay News 9, based in Tampa, and Central Florida News 13, based in Orlando. The two networks, both owned by Bright House Network, celebrated their 10th anniversaries in October, 2007. Both networks enjoy particularly strong ratings in the 5...
- FOX NEWS CHANNEL. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC26
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network Fox News Channel (FNC). The network's status as the cable network devoted to broadcasting of news with the highest ratings is examined. Prime time television programs offered by the network are cited. It...
- msnbc. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC40
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network MSNBC. The ratings for the network's television broadcasting of news and television news programs are examined and favorably compared to those of rival network Cable News Network, Programs broadcast on...
- Timeslot change rough on Williams' newscast. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;7/17/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 31, p5
Reports the impact of a change in timeslot on Brian Williams' newscast on MSNBC cable network in the United States as of July 2001. Decline of the ratings in the second quarter; Percentage of television viewers for the week of July nine to 13; Comparison of audience share between MSNBC and CNBC.