FOR THE RECORD
- Raising the HD Bar: BOTTOM LINE. // Communications Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p17
The article reports that the growth of high definition (HD) television and its accelerating adoption is reshaping the cable/telecommunication/satellite competitive environment in the U.S. Its quality of service paradigm and customer expectations are also improving. Driven by the promise to...
- Audience appeal. // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2006 Supplement, p9
The article reports on the emergence of France as a leader in the uptake of television over digital subscriber lines. By the end of 2005, Free claimed 159,000 subscribers to its pay-television services, and France Telecom claims 180,000 subscribers. They plan to add high-definition television...
- What's on HDTV. Wilcox, James K. // Sound & Vision;Nov2005, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p86
This article provides information on several high-definition television channels in the U.S. offered by cable television companies, broadcast-related Web resources and satellite receivers.
- HDTV-a-Go-Go. // Communications Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
Presents opinion on the development of high-definition television (HDTV). Problems on the HDTV development; Need for reasonably priced consumer devices; Competition via the direct broadcast satellite operations.
- The couch potato conundrum. Elkin, Tobi // Brandweek;06/29/98, Vol. 39 Issue 26, p26
Examines the next generation of entertainment technology in the United States. Description of Direct Broadcast Satellite's (DBS) digital television service; Statistics on satellite TV services; Impact of the Digital Satellite System; Advantages of DBS over cable TV; Association of DBS with...
- Beyond Hi-Def. Quain, John R. // Popular Mechanics;Oct2006, Vol. 183 Issue 10, p84
The article presents information on an imminent technological revolution that will change the use of high-definition television. Hundreds of channels were received at once by the average cable or satellite television set-top box today. Internet Protocol TV uses the Internet to stream both live...
- HD Online? Well, Sort Of. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p6
The article reports on the high-definition television programs that are planned for launch by ABC.com in the U.S. in early July 2007. The online television programs are expected to be highly-compressed versions that are, however, not comparable to high-definition television offered by satellite...
- Panel View :'Bet the House' on HDTV. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p21
HDTV will benefit cable operators in their fight against direct-broadcast satellite (DBS), a panel of cable programmers and MSOs concluded at a Cable& Telecommunications Association for Marketing Rocky Mountain chapter event held at Comcast Corp.'s Media Center June 25. Compared with DBS...
- Sensing Angst Behind the Confidence. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p3A
Uncovers the challenges faced by cable operators in the U.S. in 2004. Price dispute with digital subscriber lin providers; Competition posed by direct broadcast satellite operators; Market outlook for high definition television.