A Trojan Horse With Rhythm
- More Cable Operators Increase Their Rates. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the pending rate increases of United States cable television operators, the Charter Communications Inc. and Adelphia Communications Corp. Markets where Adelphia will raise prices; Adelphia's direct-mail promotion of its discounted service bundles under the 'Adelphia Advantage' program.
- Charter's 1st-quarter loss increases to $280.7 mil. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;05/03/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 46, p4
Provides an overview on the financial performance of the cable television company, Charter Communications for the first quarter ended March 31, 2001. Factors attributed to the company's losses for the period; Projected revenue growth for the second quarter.
- Charter Rises on Free Service. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;11/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p4
Reports the profits posted by Charter Communications Inc. for the third quarter of 2003. Factors that contributed to the increase; Information on the promotional campaign that the company launched in September; Concerns raised by analysts on the possible implications of the increase.
- Charter Sub Addition Slow. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p3
The article reports that the New York-based cable television company Charter Communications Inc. has reported its third consecutive quarter of double-digit revenue and cash flow growth on August 2, 2007. But the company's late first quarter rate increases and repackaging of some digital tiers...
- Adelphia Puts Own Brand on Cleveland Systems. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p71
Reports on United States-based cable television company Adelphia Communications Corp.'s rebranding of the cable television system it has acquired from Cablevision Systems Corp. in Cleveland, Ohio. Details of the rebranding program.
- Debt-Heavy Adelphia Wants to Sell Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its cable television subscription base in the United States to meet financial obligations. Amount of debt owed by the company; Estimates of the market value of individual Adelphia customers.
- Hooked Up. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p68
Presents news briefs from the cable television industry in the United States in 1998. Agreement of Adelphia Communications Corp. to acquire systems from Verto Communications Inc.; Cash tender offers of EchoStar Communications Corp.; Information on the affiliation deals signed by ISP Channel...
- Cable stocks plummet. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p12
Reports the decrease of the cable stocks on the Adelphia Communications Corp. Management scheme on programming packages; Company operation on cable operators; Indication of plain-old pay channels.
- Nets May Lose MSO's Fees. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;6/3/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the impact of the financial difficulties suffered by Adelphia Communications Corp. on cable networks running on its system. Reason for the decision of Charter Communications to abandon its deal with Adelphia; Factor that caused the problems of Adelphia.