History Scores 14 Emmy Nominations
- A good bounce for broadcast. Block, Alex Ben // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;7/9/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 22, p8
The article reports that broadcast networks in the U.S. won maximum nominations at the Emmy Awards 2010, with 247 nominations compared to the 240 for cable and pay networks.
- New faces on India TV map. Cunha, Uma Da // Variety;10/2/95, Vol. 360 Issue 9, pM88
Describes the state of television broadcasting in India. Attendance of India's biggest broadcaster, Doordarshan (DD), at the Mipcom Exhibition in Cannes, France on October 9-13, 1995; Interest of Business Plus in the exhibition; Representation of MTV and Associates to the exhibition by Malati...
- International television. Roxborough, Scott; Wakefield, Phil; Samuel, Henry; Rolfe, Pamela // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 10, p108
Reports developments related to the international television industry. Decision of Discovery Channel to air the BBC documentary-drama on biological warfare; Succession of Ian Fraser as chief executive of Television New Zealand; Success of the Spanish reality show 'Operation Triumph' in Spain.
- Upping the Ante. Bowser, Andrew // Broadcasting & Cable;2000 Supplement Network to the, Vol. 130 Issue 23, p16A
Focuses on the broadcast operations of the Cable News Network Financial Network (CNNfn) based in Atlanta, Georgia. Plan to move to a 24-hour schedule; Efforts of CNNfn to cover West Coast high technology firms; Business programming format used by the network; Projection on the integration of...
- CNN Newsource defends turf. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;09/11/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 38, p34
Focuses on the efforts of Cable News Network to boost the service offerings of Newsource, a television news service in the United States. Addition of bureaus and more staff and resources; Provision of a whole-day coverage of Wall Street; Commitment to produce features and news analyses;...
- Emmys take ratings hit. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/18/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 55, p1
The article reports on trends in the viewership ratings of several television networks in the U.S. It is reported that National Broadcasting Co. Inc.'s (NBC) television network had shifted the broadcast of the Emmy Awards to late August due to its obligations to air football. The viewership of...
- Love Your Job? // CableFAX Daily;7/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 130, p3
Calls for nominations for CableWorld's leading cable workplaces in 2006. Criteria for judging.
- Hong Kong coverage nets award for China TV. Sullivan, Maureen // Variety;10/27/97, Vol. 368 Issue 12, p30
Reports on the presentation of Cable News Network's (CNN) first Dennis Anthony Memorial Award to the state broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) for its extensive coverage of Hong Kong's return to Chinese rule.
- Emmys: Wins by Program and Network. Goldberg, Lesley // Hollywood Reporter;9/21/2015, p1
The article presents statistics related to the U.S. television broadcasting industry's Emmy Awards 2015 winners based on programs, and television networks.