GET READY FOR OVER-THE-TOP VIDEO
- Ipanema warns of app performance expense. // MicroScope;7/23/2007, p15
The article focuses on the results of a study conducted by Ipanema Technologies concerning application performance expense of businesses in Great Britain. Findings indicated that 57% of businesses admitted to responding to network problems by increasing bandwidth. However, according to Ipanema...
- Bandwidth on the run. Els, Frik // Finance Week;9/7/2001, p60
Focuses on the problems relating to bandwidth demand and supply in South Africa. Background on the concept of bandwidth and its growing importance to business operations; Network capacity; Pricing methods; Communication systems expenditures of businesses. INSET: Data ebb and flow..
- Fiber optics. Moote, Stan // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Nov2009, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p38
The article focuses on the use of fiber optics in the broadband communication systems. It states that people have long perceived that fiber optics have limited use in the industry and that it only works best in transporting video. It notes that the current demand for a new 1.5 gigabyte per...
- An Efficient Cache Replacement Strategy for the Hybrid Cache Consistency Approach. Zeitunlian, Aline; Haraty, Ramzi A. // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Mar2010, Issue 39, p268
Caching was suggested as a solution for reducing bandwidth utilization and minimizing query latency in mobile environments. Over the years, different caching approaches have been proposed, some relying on the server to broadcast reports periodically informing of the updated data while others...
- Reclaim bandwidth and maintain HD video quality. Katz, Gil // CED;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p23
The article discusses the strategies of reclaiming bandwidth and maintaining the quality of high definition (HD) video. It states one option in preserving and recovering bandwidth which is a hybrid solution that incorporates technologies such as standard definition video (SDV) and advanced...
- Video, still the killer app, has quite a few challenges. BISCHOFF, GLENN // Urgent Communications;Apr2013, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p27
The article discusses the challenges with video systems. It is said that video has undergone several changes, including improvement in video resolutions, and clearer images. The introduction of analytics technology also made it possible for video monitors to be alerted when an anomaly has...
- Mobile video services booming. McCartney, Neil // Daily Variety;5/27/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 38, p5
Predicts the rise of mobile video services in the U.S., reflecting greater bandwidth and advances in compression technologies.
- Entry-Level Users Want Top Quality. Galli, Mike // AV Technology;May2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, pA9
The article focuses on the move of entry-level users to look for quality in delivering video content worldwide. It notes that the emergence of broadband access matched with increasingly efficient compression and transport technologies has made streaming media exciting. Also, it mentions that the...
- Fixed-Broadband Charging Models Miss the Mark. COLLINS, STEPHEN // Multichannel News;7/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p27
The author discusses the usage-based and speed-based plans of providing broadband connection to customers and suggesting that bandwidth based plan should be implemented to provide customers with good and useful broadband services.