MARRYING MTV WITH TECHNOLOGY
- MTV cues up power playlist. Martin, Denise; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/7/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p1
Reports on executives selected by MTV Networks (MTVN) chief executive officer Judy McGrath to run the cable business in the United States. Appointment of Van Toffler as MTVN Group president; Selection of Larry Divney as MTVN chief operating officer of advertisements and sales; Recruitment of...
- MTV'S McGrath Stepping Down. Lafayette, Jon; Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;5/9/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 19, p14
The article reports on the resignation of Judy McGrath as the chief executive officer (CEO) of MTV Networks.
- MTV Reorganizes After Folding in Comedy Central. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;6/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the expansion of the roles of two executives at television network MTV Networks in the U.S. Judy McGrath; Herb Scannell.
- McGrath mandate: Pick up the tempo at VH1. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 33, p3
Reports the responsibility of Judy McGrath as president of MTV Networks Music Group on managing the troubled VH1 music cable channel. Decrease in the primetime share of VH1; Reasons behind the drop in the ratings of VH1; Speculations on the strategies to be employed by McGrath to save VH1.
- New era unfolds at MTV Nets. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;5/6/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 24, p1
The article reports that the resignation of MTV Networks chief executive officer (CEO) Judy McGrath indicates the new era of management as she was the last senior executive of the startup team.
- PhoneTel hires investment banker. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/15/95, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p2
Reports that PhoneTel Technologies Inc. has hired Brenner Securities Corp., a New York investment banking firm, to help the company raise additional financing.
- Major Leadership Shake-up at MTV. Snierson, Dan // Entertainment Weekly;5/20/2011, Issue 1155, p18
The article reports that Judy McGrath will leave her position as chief executive officer of MTV Networks. Popular television programs developed under McGrath's leadership are discussed, including "The Real World," "The Osbournes," and "Beavis and Butt-head."
- creative power. Weill, Sabrina Solin // Cosmo Girl;Nov2002, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p100
Interviews MTV Networks Music Group President Judy McGrath. Her reputation in the music industry; Achievements; Reason for the decision to leave magazines and go to MTV.
- How Far We've Come:. // CableFAX Daily;7/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 138, p1
The article reports that Judy McGrath of MTV Networks got a laugh when she showed a 1980s MTV spot that featured a roller-skating woman carrying a television on her shoulder to jokingly hype, MTV to go.