THE NFL'S DISTRIBUTION QUARTERBACK
- Shell tops at Fox. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;04/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p4
Reports on Jeff Shell's appointment as president and chief executive officer of Fox Cable Networks. Job responsibilities; Duty of overseeing Fox's sports networks; Creation of cable channel packages for cable operators who are looking to introduce digital set-top boxes; Tailoring of operations...
- New Shell game. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;04/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 18, p10
Reports on News Corp.'s reorganization of its Fox cable holdings under Fox Cable Networks, headed by Jeff Shell. Appointment of Shell as Fox Cable Networks' president and chief executive officer; Job responsibilities; Cable television channels under Shell's supervision; Aim of maintaining...
- It ain't steelmaking. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;05/28/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 23, p45
Profiles Jeff Shell, president and chief executive officer of Fox Cable Network Group in the United States. Career background; Educational attainment; Business attitude.
- Can a sports guy do entertainment? Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/08/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p74
Discloses the program development plans of Jeff Shell as president of Fox Cable Networks. Career achievements as president of Fox Sports Network; Roots of Shell's sports connection; Scope of responsibilities as Fox Cable president.
- Fox Cable's Shell is game for Gemstar. Grego, Melissa; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/16/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the resignation of Fox Cable Networks Group chief executive officer Jeff Shell to join Gemstar-TV Guide. Replacement of Peter Boylan at Gemstar; Financial problems of the company; Career highlights of Shell.
- Golf, Outdoor Stakes Sold In Fox's Speedvision Race. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p1
Reports the deal between Fox Cable Networks Group and Comcast Corp. Receipt of Fox Cable of Comcast's equity in Speedvision; Sale of the stakes of Fox in the Golf Channel.
- Fox Could Swap Stake in Golf with Comcast. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;04/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p1
Reports that cable television operator Fox Cable Networks Group is negotiating with Comcast Corp. for its stake in Speedvision/Outdoor Life Network (OLN) and is considering whether to trade its interest in The Golf Channel with Comcast. Significance of Fox Cable's deal with Comcast; Plan of Fox...
- Fox Cable, Comcast speed for channels. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;05/24/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 61, p12
Reports the sale of the stake of Fox Cable Networks Group in Golf Channel and Outdoor Life to Comcast Corp. in the United States. Number of cable and satellite subscribers of Speedvision; Appreciation on the Fox Sports payment; Role of Speedvision on the National Association for Stock Car Auto...
- Fox Cable taps Mandell. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;12/19/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 13, p5
Announces the appointment of Andrew Mandell as executive vice-president-chief financial officer at United States-based Fox Cable Networks Group. Duties and responsibilities; Career background.