ON THE LINE WITH SCRIPPS ONLINE
- RON FEINBAUM: SCRIPPS' RULER OF THE INTERNET. // Television Week;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p18
Features Ron Feinbaum, vice president and general manager of the online division at Scripps Networks. Career background; Company background; Plans of the company.
- Scripps Outlines Changes for GAC. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on the improvements made in the television network Great American Country (GAC) after being acquired by Scripps Networks. Plan of Scripps to move the network's headquarters from Denver, Colorado to Nashville, Tennessee; Expected profit of GAC in 2007 following the acquisition; Schedule...
- FATES & FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/29/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p28
The article announces several personnel promotions in the media industry. Lisa Pesanello has been promoted to national sales manager at WLWC in Providence, Rhode Island. Christopher Powell has been promoted to executive vice president of human resources at Scripps Networks in Knoxville,...
- Scripps Works to Integrate GAC Into Lifestyle Group. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/28/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the augmentation of the usual commercial spots offered by Scripps Network on Great American Country with customized vignettes as of March 2005. Television channels that will tackle subjects that reflect the Americana sensibility of the company; Purpose of the new advertising model;...
- Scripps trio gets prexy titles. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;01/17/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 33, p4
Reports that United States-based cable television company Scripps Networks has named the head of its cable networks as presidents as of January 17, 2001. Burton Jablin, president of network Home and Garden TV; Judy Girard, president of Food Network; Jim Zarchin, president of Do It Yourself Network.
- Scripps Buys a Country Cousin. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the acquisition of the Great American Country (GAC) country-music video network by E.W. Scripps Co. Value of the deal; Overview of E.W. Scripps Co. for GAC; Significance of the deal for GAC.
- Scripps networks. // Brandweek;4/20/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 16, pS14
The article focuses on the Scripps Networks which owns cable television networks HGTV, Food Network, DIY Network, Fine Living Network, Great American Country, and SN Digital. Information on the new television programs that will be available in the 2009-2010 season for each network is provided....
- Infinite Variations On the Theme Of Financial Buying. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p21
Presents the answers of various top executives in the United States to queries related to mergers and acquisitions (M&A). Includes effect of the M&A market activity on business; Particular areas in the market wherein financial buyers have an edge on winning a bid, or where they are invariably...
- people & plants. // Packaging Digest;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p106
Reports developments related to the packaging industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Appointment of Gordon Mackenzie as general manager of SICPA North America; Promotion of Ramon Delfin as vice president of sales in Rovema Packaging; Acquisition of Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. by Carauster...