Starz Readies Interstitials for SVOD Content
- Warner Bros. Looks to Net for PPV Promos. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p14
Reports on the plans of Warner Bros. Inc. to boost Internet marketing campaigns for its pay-per-view television movies. Test of the approach in the release of the movie `My Dog Skip'; Success experienced by the company in its promotion of `Pokemon: The Movie.'
- '00 PPV BREAKS $2 BIL. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/04/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 2, p6
Discusses the increase in the revenues of United States pay-per-view (PPV) providers in 2000. Decline of PPV returns on events such as boxing matches, wrestling specials and music performances; Factors behind the overall market growth enjoyed by movies on PPV in the U.S.
- STARZ, ENCORE ADDED TO CABLEVISION VOD. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/30/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p14
The article reports that Cablevision Systems has added Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand to its on-demand network in the U.S. The service will be available to Cablevision's iO television (TV) digital cable customers. As a result, they will have access to more than 150 movies from Starz and...
- Front Row, U Direct put 'Gladiator' in PPV arena. Hargreaves-Allen, Christoph // Daily Variety;04/16/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 33, p12
Reports that Ridley Scott's movie 'Gladiator' will gets its television premiere in Great Britain on April 23, 2001 through the pay-per-view operators Front Row and U Direct.
- In Demand to Revive Instant-Target Promo. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p146
Reports on the plan of In Demand to resurrect its monthly instant-targeting pay-per-view movie promotion beginning May 200. Offering of enhanced graphics; Targeting of five separate viewer demographics.
- OPS' SERVING TROTS TO HOT. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the plan of pay-per-view (PPV) and video-on-demand (VOD) firm In Demand to acquire adult movie titles from Playboy Entertainment Group and New Frontier Media as of March 2004. Revenue of the adult PPV business in 2002; Con the price range of regular movies and PPV movies; Market...
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p54
Presents the highlights from the August 2005 subscription video-on-demand offerings from various cable television networks in the U.S. Movies to be aired by Home Box Office; Television series from Showtime; Shows on Starz on Demand.
- Time to Shorten PPV Windows. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p38
Explains how pay-per-view (PPV) television's value may be enhanced by offering blockbuster movies for a limited period of time. Significance of the PPV success of the motion picture `The Sixth Sense'; Effect of short PPV windows on movies' home-video-rental sales; Plans of In Demand and DirecTV...
- HBO HITS B.O. TARGET. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/03/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 22, p2
Reports on the Home Box Office's (HBO) acquisition of pay television rights to seven of the 12 $100-million-plus domestic box-office films in year 2000 through output deals with four studios. Films included in the list; Number of films acquired by cable competitors; 1999 grossers whose pay TV...