ESPN Gears Up For Fall Promo
- ESPN High-Def Touchdown. Dobrow, Larry // Sound & Vision;Jan2004, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p109
Provides information on the television broadcasting of the National Football League games in high-definition (HD) format by cable network ESPN. Difference between watching the game on a conventional television and in high-definition; Advantage of the broadcast to ESPN; Technical personnel...
- Being There. Arenstein, Seth // CableFAX Daily;12/9/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 238, p4
The article focuses on the advantages of watching the cable television coverage of sports in high definition (HD) television. Such equipment bring the audience closer to the action. According to ESPN HD chief Bryan Burns, pro leagues and colleges believe that HD will not threaten stadium...
- The world: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/22/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 48, p8
The article presents news briefs related to the television broadcasting industry around the world. Premiere sports head Hans Mahr announced recently that German pay television group Premiere will launch a new free-TV channel in the first half of 2006 to carry UEFA Champions League soccer...
- Wowing Them With Hi-Def. Hibberd, James // Television Week;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p14
Focuses on the high-definition (HD) service of ESPN. Responsibilities of Bryan Burns as head of ESPN HD; Partnership of ESPN HD with Best Buy, an electronics retailer; Comments from Burns; Challenges of promoting the service.
- ESPN SPORTING HIGH-DEF. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;9/26/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 82, p4
Reports on cable television network ESPN Inc.'s plan to launch a high-definitive simultaneous broadcasting service.
- ESPN HD SPORTS HIGH-DEF TV. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/28/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 60, p2
Reports on ESPN's signing of a batch of cable operators for spinoff network, ESPN HD, a high-definition television (HDTV) channel. First operators to buy ESPN HD; Operating fee for each HDTV subscriber; Estimated number of HDTV sets acquired in the United States; Advantages of ESPN HD.
- RUSH HD. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/4/2008 Guide to HD TV Programming, Vol. 23, p14
The article focuses on Rush HD, the first-ever high-definition television channel in the U.S. that is dedicated to adventure sports. It states that the channel is available on Cablevision's iO digital cable service. An overview of the channel's signature programming is offered. The channel was...
- Driving for More HDTV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p24
Reports on the plan of Fox Sports Net (FSN) to increase the number of live sports events that it will broadcast in high-definition TV in 2006. Overview of sports leagues covered by the cable network; Number of FSN's regional sports networks; Costs associated with the enhanced service; Addition...
- TUNING INTO HD. Porter, Stephen // Computer Graphics World;Feb2005, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p28
This article focuses on high-definition television (HDTV). Some 40 network television shows and a smattering of sports and special events were being shot and Simulcast in HD, cable networks such as HBO and Showtime were broadcasting some movies in HD, and a few pioneers like HDNet and the...