Raising the Marketing Volume
- Time Buy on Trio's Side in Philly. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p8
Reports that arts network Trio has bought a 90-minute block on Fox Broadcast Network's Philadelphia affiliate. Programs that Trio will air during the slot on December 14, 2002; Advantages of airing the programs to Trio; Purpose for which Trio will screen a toll-free number during the slot;...
- 'The island' goes global. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2002, p18
Reports on the marketing strategy of Qatar-based Arabic television channel, Al Jazeera, which has emerged as a serious player on the global media stage. Viewership of the channel in Great Britain; Revenue sources of the channel; Benefits of broadcasting Al Qaida chief Osama Bin Laden's tapes to...
- Cablevision can score without Yanks. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;4/29/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the performance of cable television operator, Cablevision Systems Corp. in New York City. Failure to gain the exclusive rights to the baseball games; Private market value of the cable network; Profits on a sale of assets.
- Investors Question Cable Valuations. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the decline in stocks and bonds of cable television companies in the U.S. as of May 2020.
- Wireless operators scale back. J.M.H. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/22/97, Vol. 127 Issue 39, p63
Reports on the admission by wireless cable operators in the United States that they lack the capital to do anything but proceed slowly with the expansion of their channel capacity. Plan to market high-speed Internet services; Financial challenges facing Heartland Wireless Communications Inc.
- CABLE TV. Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 44, p48
Assesses the financial performance of cable operators in the United States for the year 2000. Effect of industrial problems on the operators; Decline in stock value; Availability of the debt markets for the companies.
- Sky Mag continues to soar. // Marketing (00253650);8/23/2001, p13
Reports the sales increase of cable periodicals in Great Britain. Impact of the market improvement of 'Skyview Digital' on the digital installation base of the periodical; Change format of 'AA Magazine' periodical; Increase distribution of the periodical 'O Magazine' from John Brown Publishing...
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p4
A tabular representation of the stock performance of cable television companies in the U.S. as of September 21, 2005 is presented.
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;4/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p5
Presents a chart that lists the stock market performance of companies in the U.S. cable television industry as of April 10, 2006, including British Sky, Cablevision and AT&T.