18M Get Live 8 Via MTVN
- Channel V tries original programs. Levin, Mike // Billboard;10/22/94, Vol. 106 Issue 43, p47
Reports on Channel V's plan of developing a Taiwan series around a Chinese group of singing idols aimed at changing the Asian market's perception of music television. Comment of Darren Childs on the channel's programming moves; Plans of airing a series of live Chinese-music concerts from Hard...
- Channel V, MTV in Oz. Eliezer, Christie; Burpee, Geoff // Billboard;03/29/97, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p6
Discusses the actions of Hong Kong-based Channel V to take over the Australian 24-hour music television channel RED. The company's competition with rival company Music Television; Details of the deal between Channel V Music Network Partnership and XYZ Entertainment; The expansion of Channel V...
- Fanfare Launch Pushed Back, Again. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p18
Reveals the plan of classical music channel Fanfare to launch its services in the third or fourth quarter of 2000. Public broadcaster WETA-TV's creation of the digital cable network; Procrastination of planned debut in Thanksgiving 1999 and the second quarter of 2000.
- Locals challenge MTV juggernaut. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;11/13/95, Vol. 361 Issue 2, p46
Discusses the popularity of MTV Latino in Latin American countries that was launched in 1993. Statistics on its viewership; Interest of advertisers and sponsors in the channel; Challenges that could be faced in the future following the launch of various international musical channels.
- VH-1 turns the music up. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;10/3/94, Vol. 4 Issue 38, p6
Reports on VH-1's revamped programming lineup beginning late October 1994 that involves the elimination of non-music programming from the lineup. Differentiation of VH-1's target audience from that of competitor MTV's; Description of daytime and evening programming blocks; New and returning shows.
- MTV TUNES UP JAPAN. Herskovitz, Jon // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p12
Reports that Music Television (MTV) is planning a return to Japan with reorganized programming and marketing plans. Scheduled airing of MTV Japan in January 2001 as a 24-hour Japanese-language service on cable and satellite television; Target audience.
- Global music-video broadcasters act locally. Burpee, Geoff // Billboard;5/18/96, Vol. 108 Issue 20, pAPQ-1
Focuses on the Asian operations of global music-video broadcasters Channel V and Music Television (MTV). Asian television stations' broadcast of music videos in their markets; Competition between Channel V and MTV; Channel V as the leader in regional youth programming; Other music video...
- A magic kingdom of music specials. Atwood, Brett // Billboard;11/12/94, Vol. 106 Issue 46, p14
Reports on record labels' utilization of family-oriented cable service to garner exposure for their top acts. Expansion of Disney Channel's primetime schedule to include more music programming; Acts featured over the cable channel; Disney Channel's strategy to lure adult viewers to its...
- Music makers, B to Z. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/01/97, Vol. 127 Issue 36, p48
Features cable television networks with musical formats. Includes The Box; Country Music Television; Disney Channel. INSETS: Music is in the mix at PBS, by K.M.;A little net music, by K.M..