In DVR Age, Best Keep Promos Snappy
- GLOBAL NEWS. // Advertising Age;4/12/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p41
Presents news briefs related to advertising as of April 1993. End of the British advertising spending recession; Increase in the audience share of satellite and cable television; Television campaign of Nestle for its Valvert mineral water.
- POLLUTION SOLUTION: MAKE 'EM PAY FOR BAD ADS. Neff, Jack // Advertising Age;4/9/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 15, p1
The article focuses on the issue of commercial clutter, explained as an overabundance of advertising messages. Network television is said to be the worst offender. It said that consumers do not watch ads because they don't like them. YouTube and the Super Bowl ads have shown that consumers will...
- The Perceived Effects of Piggyback Television Commercials. Martilla, John A.; Thompson, Donald L. // Journal of Marketing Research (JMR);Nov66, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p365
The piggyback technique is becoming more important in television advertising. This article examines behavioral and media considerations that contribute to the popularity of the piggyback, and reports results of an experimental study of the effect on television viewers of piggyback.
- BY THE BUY: SPOT. Lasek, Alicia // Advertising Age;5/13/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 20, pS-32
Presents an interview with Dorothy Swerdlick, vice president-director for the spot television broadcast division of New York-based Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising. Opinion on the upcoming television buying season; Expectations for the upfront season; Insight about the television audience...
- Before locking up, give ads a 4-point performance test. VanSant, Nicholas // Marketing News;11/2/1979, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p3
Discusses the aspects of advertising. Problem with television spots; Objective of advertising; Way to communicate with television viewers.
- Agency Deploys LPM Data. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;9/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the launch of the Overnight Alert System by Initiative Media designed to make use of television audience data to determine the delivery of spot buys in the U.S. Features of the computer system; Significance of the system to advertising buyers; Implications of the system for local...
- HD Confusion. // CableFAX Daily;12/8/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 237, p2
The article reports that ESPN has a taggable spot in SD that attracts viewers with great pictures from ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD. There is a need to subscribe to a high-definition (HD) service to receive an HD picture from HD cable programmers.
- PUBLIC OUTCRY. Viveiros, Beth Negus // Direct;2/1/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
The article looks at the marketing efforts of Eight/KAET to entice television viewers to support the station. It uses on-air spots to support a variety of fundraising activities. KAET is also starting content communities online to develop relationships with different audience segments. The...
- Networks losing share of national advertising dollars to cable, spot TV. // Marketing News;10/31/1980, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
Reports on a possible decline in the national advertising share of television networks in the U.S. by 1985 due to increased use of cable and spot television according to Joel M. Segal, senior vice president of Ted Bates & Co. Forecast of Segal on the profit of cable television advertising;...