Alpha Moms Get VOD Offering
- VOD's Long Strange Trip. Buckly, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the usefulness of the Video on Demand (VOD) services. He shares his experience with VOD and asserts that its utility is increasing. He expresses his satisfaction to the digital cable he acquired from Comcast Corp. which offers free VOD service. He reports that the...
- Fearnet May Push Past On-Demand. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p8
The article reports on the plan to expand the Comcast's Fearnet on-demand video service into a linear television channel, according to one of the venture's equity partners in the U.S. Lionsgate chief executive officer (CEO) Jon Feltheimer, they do continue to look at the possibility of a linear...
- Comcast Brands 'ch1' Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the new ch1 moniker adopted by Comcast Corp. to brand its video-on-demand (VOD) service channel in the U.S. According to the author, the company began the branding move when it filed an application for a trademark for ch1 on February 9, 2007. Comcast director of corporate...
- Comcast claims alt-TV victory. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;5/15/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the advertising deal reached by Comcast with Gatorade in May 2006. The deal integrates the sports drink into Comcast's ExerciseTV on-demand channel. Valued at north of $1 million for a year-plus sponsorship, the deal is not going to blow the lid off the upfront market. But...
- On Demand lineup is a little uneven. Adalian, Josef // Variety;2/21/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on Video-on-Demand (VOD) service for free television programs offered by Comcast. Motion pictures available in VOD; Other free programming offered by Comcast.
- Holiday Greetings from the Troops. // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p51
Presents information on the Holiday Troop Greetings On Demand video service from Comcast Corp. Objective of the video service; Difference of the video service with local news broadcast of holiday greetings; Mechanism of the video service.
- Call It 'Bostonvision' Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p1
Reports on a Get Local video-on-demand (VOD) television programming category introduced by Comcast Corp. Lineup of the VOD; Number of program choices of the VOD; Percentage of digital subscribers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who use VOD.
- VOD Goals: More Simplicity, With Ads. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the experiments made by Comcast Corp. with its video-on-demand (VOD) content. Percentage of consumers in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania cable system who have used VOD; Issues that complicate the distribution of programming; Reason that waiting for copyright clearance can slow...
- Public Affairs. // CableFAX Daily;10/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 200, p3
Presents news on public affairs as of October 2005. Decision of Comcast to make telecasts from the 2005 Fallen Firefighter Candlelight and Memorial Weekend available on video on demand; Focus of an educational event to be hosted by Cablevision's Power to Learn initiative.