THROUGH THE WIRE
- 'JUDGE' GETS ANOTHER TRIAL. Pincus-Roth, Zachary // Daily Variety;12/16/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 54, p35
This article reports that the company Sony Pictures Television's syndie court show "Judge Hatchett" has been renewed for the 2005-06 season across more than 80% of the country.
- WNYW BRINGS 'QUEENS' TO NY. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/27/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 39, p39
Reports on the acquisition of rerun rights to the television program 'The King of Queens' by WNYW-TV in New York City. Negotiation between the television station and Sony Pictures Television; Terms of the deal.
- 'Pyramid' set for season two. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;1/27/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the acquisition of the game show 'Pyramid' for a second season by Sony Pictures Television company in Los Angeles, California. Host of the show; National household rating of the show; Statement regarding the acquisition of the show by executive vice president John Weiser.
- Sony's AXN nabs 'Hannibal' // Daily Variety;5/31/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 42, p6
The article informs that "Hannibal," produced by Sony Pictures Television Networks and Gaumont Intl. Television, is expected to air on SPTN's AXN pay web in 63 countries, in 18 languages.
- MIPCOM: Sony Sells 'The Player' Worldwide. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;10/1/2015, p68
The article reports that Sony Pictures Television (SPT) has sold the television series "The Player" in 105 countries as of early October 2015.
- News: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/15/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 12, p8
This article presents news items related to various development in the cable television networks industry in the U.S as of April 2003. TV rights to much of the Wimbledon tennis tournament have landed in ESPN's court through 2006. TBS has picked up cable rerun rights to 'The Steve Harvey Show'...
- Ripley's Syndie in Reverse. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;3/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the launch of cable into broadcast syndication of Sony Pictures Television's 'Ripley's Believe it or Not.' Episodes being offered by Sony to television stations; Expectations of Sony regarding the telecast of the show after the comedy block; First telecast of the show on Turner...
- The View Without Bifocals. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/5/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p29
Provides information on the television talk show "Life & Style," to be launched by Sony Pictures Television in 2004. Hosts of the talk show; Target audiences of "Life & Style"; Background on the talk show's female hosts.
- Hatchett Uses Tough Love. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;12/30/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 52, p9
Reports that as part of her efforts to intervene on behalf of troubled youth, Judge Glenda Hatchett has added celebrity mentors to her television court show, which is produced and distributed by Sony Pictures Television. Name of some of the celebrities that will participate in the show; Ratings...