This Just In
- Disney, former executives settle differences. // Buffalo Law Journal;7/14/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 56, p4
Reports on the decision of Roy Disney and Stanley Gold, former Walt Disney Co. executives, to drop a lawsuit against the company and its shareholders as of July 2005. Allegations of Disney and Gold against the board members of Walt Disney; Reason for the resignation of Disney in 2003; Agreement...
- Is Disney Doing a Mickey Mouse Search for CEO? Sherman, Jay; Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the complaints of Walt Disney's Stanley Gold and Roy Disney against the process of the company in finding a new CEO. List of potential candidates for the position; Statement issued by a spokeswoman from the company in response to the allegations of Gold and Disney.
- Dis critics tout strong track record. Rose, Maria Matzer // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/2/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 42, p22
Despite his famous last name, Roy E. Disney was a relatively anonymous investor and Walt Disney Co. board member until several months ago, as of March 2, 2004. But since he and business partner Stanley Gold launched their campaign to shake up senior management at Disney and highlight what they...
- A MOUSE EXODUS. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;12/2/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the resignation of Stanley Gold from the board of directors at Walt Disney Co. in Los Angeles, California. Impetus to the resignation; Implications of Gold's resignation for the management of the company's chief executive officer Michael Eisner; Comment of Gold to the departure of...
- Mouse shareholders: In Roy we trust? Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;3/8/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on the effort of Roy Disney to oust Walt Disney Chairman-CEO Michael Eisner for violating the status of the company as the U.S. cultural icon. Support given by money managers to Roy Disney and Stanley Gold; Percentage of shareholders withholding their support on the reelection of...
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E. V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/8/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p30
Comments on the effort of Disney Co. shareholders Roy Disney and Stanley P. Gold to unseat Michael Eisner as chief executive officer of the company. Criticism of Gold on the management of Eisner; Support of employees and shareholders on Gold.
- COMCAST'S LURKING. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;2/18/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 38, p6
Reports on the Comcast's offer to acquire Walt Disney Co. Impact of Walt Disney's decision to reject the offer on its stock and Comcast's stocks; Appeal of Walt Disney stockholders Roy Disney and Stanley Gold to fellow stockholders to vote out Walt Disney CEO Michael Eisner; Possibility of...
- Who will inherit the mouse's ears? Greengard, Samuel // Workforce Management;Jan2004, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on the succession planning problems of Walt Disney Co. CEO Michael Eisner. Reasons behind the resignation of board members Roy Disney and Stanley Gold; Details of Disney's financial performance since 1998; Information on the possible replacements of Eisner.
- Disney duo prepping to run alternate slate. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/4/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 21, p6
Reports on former Walt Disney Co. directors, Stanley Gold and Roy Disney's claim that they are prepared to nominate an alternate slate of Disney board directors if the existing board does not address issues affecting the company. Reasons behind Gold and Disney's plan to unseat chief executive...