Tapping Into Your Own Brilliance
- Judgement and Hyper-Reality. Hall, Richard // Journal of General Management;Summer94, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p41
This research article examines the nature and characteristics of judgement in a strategic context and identifies the limitations which certain human traits place on judgmental abilities. The strong forces which mitigate against effective judgement, both at an individual and at a corporate level,...
- THE PROCESS OF MANAGEMENT. Kramer, H. E. // Management International Review (MIR);1973, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p3
Management involves decision-making. Decisions must be made in the face of numerous uncertainties. The conceptual and implementing process of the manager differs from that of the management scientist. The manager's effectiveness rests in his ability to work in, and with, a complex system which...
- On choices and choosing. Morris, Linda // Training & Development;Oct94, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p61
Presents an overview of research works investigating the effect of various corporate processes in decision making and action planning. Research of Roger Dore on the determinants for best media to deliver learning activities; Margaret Erthal's report containing the importance of performance;...
- FINISHING BUSINESS. Rose-Asch, Maralah // Products Finishing;Jun2001, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p52
Presents a four-step process recommended by Willie Jolley, president of Willie Jolley Worldwide, to survive and thrive through business losses. Importance of focused vision; Decision-making and choices; Action to make business vision a reality; Factor in achieving a business goal.
- Guidelines to Creating a Small Business Plan. // San Diego Business Journal;5/26/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p33
Provides tips in creating a small business plan. Composition of the business plan; Decision maker in terms of a company with multiple owners; Business location.
- Characteristics of Business Policy. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Apr68, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p8
Discusses the characteristics of a business policy. Relationship to business purpose; Classification of policies based on level of organization it is formulated and the level at which it is directed; Functions of policies.
- Introduction. // Business Strategy;2003, p1
The article discusses various topics published within the issue, including the forces that shaped major decisions such as ideas, developments and potential pitfalls, and outlines practical insights and techniques for handling decisions.
- Decisions: David Evans - Grass roots group, Founder and CEO of the performance-improvement firm. // Management Today;Dec2007, p23
The article presents the author's experiences of how a good business decision made by him in 1979 got him free advertising for his business and how a bad decision made by him in 1985 of partnering with an entrepreneur got him into trouble.
- Make your case. Colter, Carolee; Mulcahy, Mark // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Nov2013, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p32
The article presents tips on impressing one's boss by understanding his/her need and business planning and offering advice on business decision making to get reward from the boss on right time.