A Simple Piece of Paper
- Advancing the Case of Advance Directives. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p17
This article focuses on the increasing popularity of living-wills parties in the U.S. as of July 2005. These parties with a purpose were the brainchild of Leslie Piet, a registered nurse who is also on the board of Aging With Dignity and who uses the Five Wishes document of Aging With Dignity to...
- Helping to write a living will. Charlton Dr, Rodger // GP: General Practitioner;10/28/2002, p46
Discusses how terminally ill patients can plan their treatment with an advance directive known as a living will, a document written prospectively by a patient. Advantage provided by the living will; Contribution of lawyer Louis Kutner in introducing the idea of using living will; Factors to be...
- Advance Care Planning: Medical Care at the End of Life. // American Family Physician;2/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p613
Focuses on advance care planning. Definition of advance care planning; Concept of advance directive; Purpose of advance directive.
- 7 key things you should know about living wills. Carpenter, Dave // Buffalo Law Journal;8/10/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 64, p14
The article offers information on the living wills or advance directives in Chicago, Illinois. It notes that living wills permit people to determine how they want to be cared for in case they become debilitated and are unable to make decisions of their health. It mentions that living wills are...
- Importance of the advance directive and the beginning of the dying process from the point of view of German doctors and judges dealing with guardianship matters: results of an empirical survey. Van Oorschot, B.; Simon, A. // Journal of Medical Ethics;Nov2006, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p623
Objectives: To analyse and compare the surveys on German doctors and judges on end of life decision making regarding their attitudes on the advance directive and on the dying process. Design: The respondents were to indicate their agreement or disagreement to eight statements on the advance...
- Do Living Wills Affect the Setting Where People Die in the United States? Degenholtz, H. B.; Rhee, Y.; Arnold, R. M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/20/2004, Vol. 141 Issue 2, pI40
Presents the summary of the study "Brief Communication: The Relationship between Having a Living Will and Dying in Place," which was published in the July 20, 2004 issue of Annals of Internal Medicine.
- FIVE TIPS TO HELP YOU SAVE FOR A RAINY DAY. Beaudoin, Matthew // Lesbian News;Mar2014, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p29
The article offers tips on how to save money in order to be prepared for financial crises and challenges.
- UK savings set to rocket by 2008. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p88
Looks into the status of household savings and investments in Great Britain. Factor implicated to be the cause of the slow growth rate of household savings and investments; Reason behind the decrease in consumers who are taking investment risks; Forecast on the rate of household savings and...
- What type of investment and saving instrument is right for me? // Caribbean Business;4/9/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p11
The article offers information for potential investors in terms of choosing the right investment and saving instrument that fits their lifestyle.